Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shares/Stocks type folk – what's wrong with this Q1 financial report?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Intralinks Q1 report, released today, subsequent 33% drop in share price from USD$30 to USD$20. I’m no expert (a rank amateur in fact!) but as my wife owns shares in the company (through an employee scheme) we’re a little curious as to what the problem is? It all looks kind of positive to me, didn’t expect such a massive market reaction, or are we not seeing something obvious?

Cheers 🙂

BoardinBob

Did they split the shares? We did this a few years ago and the share price went from $50 per share to $25, but shareholders now had twice as many shares.

Everything in the earnings looks good and is certainly an improvement over last years numbers and they seem to be expecting a ramp up in earnings towards the end of the year based on what I can see so unless they’ve split the shares, perhaps an analyst has released a negative forecast for the future which would contradict everything in that report.

ourmaninthenorth

I suspect it’s because there’s more to the market sentiment than the figures alone suggest. Either, there’s something external (imminent market collapse), or the reporting isn’t nearly as good as forecasted.

HughStew

Shares are priced on many things, but one of the major factors is expectation. If the market expected better results, then the share price will slide.

scaredypants

*I know **** all about money*

that’s their press release, so not guaranteed objective

did a quick google and found some **** bullshit that’s almost in the class of “a leading provider of critical information exchange solutions” :

IL stock is more volatile than most stocks. Monitor this stock for a decrease in volatility that might indicate an interesting time to buy.

IL stock pays less dividends than the average stock. This is concerning if stock is in a heavy dividend paying industry.

Intralinks has high sensitivity to the movements of the broad market. Beware of having this stock in a portfolio as it is more adversely affected by large negative market swings.

Trimix
    Free Member

A lot of those nice positive numbers are comparisons to last year when everything was dire – they are not comparisons to this years budget.

Anyone can increase revenue, just drop the price. That dosent mean the profit goes up.

Just how are they doing sales and profit wise compared to the budget. As the amount of money they spend this year will be pretty much as they budget, but it has to be paid for by sales which may not be as they budgeted. Typically companys spend their budgets long before they realise sales are not going to pay for it. Its only in the last few months when they start listening to the finance guys that they realise and then its too late, in the meantime the sales guys will have just been told to sell more. So they will just keep dropping the price or look for a new job.

The guff you normally get about companys performances is about as good as marketing. ie bollocks. Without seeing the management accounts you will be gambling like everyone else.

Trimix
    Free Member

Dont gamble money in shares unless its money you can afford to loose.

Be sensible and (either buy a new bike or) use it to pay off your mortgage.

aP
    Free Member

It’s not hard to find comments on this by googling it…

businessweek.com

Intralinks Holdings Inc. (IL US) slipped 33 percent to $20.12 and tumbled 34 percent earlier, the most intraday since it went public in August. The software maker forecast second- quarter profit excluding some items of 11 cents a share at most, trailing the 13-cent average analyst estimate in a Bloomberg survey.

tickrwatch.com

Shares of IntraLinks Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: IL) fell by 21.41% or $-6.42/share to $23.57. In the past year, the shares have traded as low as $11.44 and as high as $32.25. On average, 856606 shares of IL exchange hands on a given day and today’s volume is recorded at 118005. The shares are currently trading below the 200-day moving average which indicates that the shares have been suffering from downward momentum lately. The stock may bounce higher to test the 200-day moving average, so look for a move up to the $23.8181 area where the stock may encounter resistance.

gurufocus.com

CFO & CAO of INTRALINKS HOLDINGS INC. (IL) Anthony Plesner sells 50,000 shares of IL on 04/20/2011 at an average price of $30 a share.

Intralinks Holdings Inc. has a market cap of $1.61 billion; its shares were traded at around $30.54 with and P/S ratio of 8.7.

psychle
    Free Member

CFO & CAO of INTRALINKS HOLDINGS INC. (IL) Anthony Plesner sells 50,000 shares of IL on 04/20/2011 at an average price of $30 a share.

That’s interesting isn’t it? 😕

Thanks aP, I have been doing a bit of googling but hadn’t found those tidbits, so thanks for posting 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shares/Stocks type folk – what's wrong with this Q1 financial report?’ is closed to new replies.