Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Share your good news – pick me up Wednesday thread.
  • daftvader
    Free Member

No worries avadave2. on the plus side I have almost finished the primary bevels on the sword I’m working on…

bikebouy
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    Postie delivered lots of pairs of Rapha Merino socks..
    throw up a piccy, I’m interested to see what over £100 of socks actually looks like..

Not all three, just the one on the left 😆 😛

ThePinkster

Been interviewing for the last 2 days and in the next few hours I’ll be offering a better job to someone who was about to be made redundant from our place on 22nd December, which should make his & his family’s Christmas.

jimw
    Free Member

Not in the same league as some others on here, but I had a good day because:

I rode my new Rocket 275 for the first time since building it up over the weekend and it was great and apart from adjusting the seat angle a bit no issues at all. And I got home just before the rain started

This afternoon I had three commissions to get made before Christmas

MtbRoutes

It’s been ruled that the Government acted illegally to exclude Humanism and non-faith from the religious studies GCSE syllabus!

steve-g
    Free Member

I have a new job to start next week.

I am just shaking off the end of a cold that has all but killed my exercise for the last week

And the MIL just volunteered to babysit the kids tonight so I’m off to buy some wine

bluehelmet
    Free Member

Osbourne’s u turned on tax credits…

Scapegoat

My lad and I have just zeroed his new air rifle with a night vision scope. He can now post sub half inch groups at 20metres.
    He and I are off ratting tonight.

ourmaninthenorth

It’s Wednesday. That means only two more nights away from home this week and I’m back with my family on Friday. Woohoo!

Tracey

Abigale has just passed her driving test. She now needs to figure out how to fit her bike into the back of a Fiat 500

bearnecessities

After living in what can be only described as ‘a house that needs a bit of work’ for the last two years and scrimping by to get work done, slowly, I bit the bullet a few weeks ago and took out a mahoosive loan, at a fantastic rate, to get everything bar the kitchen done. (I plan on doing the kitchen myself).

This may not sound like great news, but it is genuinely a life-changing decision for me, and one I can easily afford when I did the numbers.

I will have a life again (e.g I don’t want any friends or women around to see how I live!), I will be able to sit in a front room, and not and no be totally ashamed of my home when I step in or out of it, in case anyone sees me. Despite living in a relatively nice area, my house just looks shit and I feel guilty for my neighbours.

Debt is not to be something to be excited about, but what this £ will be able to do for me, is worth it and I feel so much better already just knowing I can do what is needed. (and obviously spaff loads on a woodburner 🙂 )

I feel in ‘control’ for once in this bloody house, if that makes any sense at all.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Share your good news – pick me up Wednesday thread.’ is closed to new replies.