Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Share your good news – pick me up Wednesday thread.
  • chrisgibson
    Free Member

Right, so without too much detail I feel that everything at the minute is a bit negative and rubbish.

So to counter all the negativity out there how about we share some good news/things happening in your life?

I will start, hoping to catch up with a uni mate for a ride and beers at the weekend which is keeping my chin up no end!

binners

Negativity? Pfft! Watch this

Guaranteed to banish all negativity from your life, and make you thankful for what you’ve got. 😀

richardkennerley

The Coral are back after a five year hiatus and I got tickets for Manchester gig in March. Oh, and the wifes expecting our first kiddy 😀

chrisgibson
    Free Member

Cheers binners, remember when that story broke was a very dusty moment.

Though was still surreal to see him rock up in Game of Thrones!

chrisgibson
    Free Member

The Coral are back after a five year hiatus and I got tickets for Manchester gig in March. Oh, and the wifes expecting our first kiddy

Awesome news about the Coral, and many congrats on the child news!

jekkyl

I have a family. I have my health. I am alive, a lot of people aren’t.
    I have food in the fridge, I have a roof over my head and I have clothes and functioning central heating.
    I am not in fear of persecution, a lot of people are.

binners

Congrats Richard!

Lets face it folks: life is pretty ****ing brilliant overall. When you look at things objectively, we’ve **** all to moan about really.

And just in case you need reminding, get one of these….

😀

Ro5ey
    Free Member

The fruit bowl at the end of the desk has just been replenished

Banana anyone ?

Drac

It’s pay day.

rocketman
    Free Member

Several computer models for the week after next are suggesting more settled weather

Cold yes but more importantly DRY 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Postie delivered lots of pairs of Rapha Merino socks…

WotsNotToCelebrateAboutThatThen???? 😆

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

It’s pay day
    I have the day off (three actually 😀 )
    The builder and electrician should be here today to crack on with the extension – except they haven’t bloody arrived yet 🙄

pondo
    Free Member

Several computer models for the week after next are suggesting more settled weather

Cold yes but more importantly DRY 😀
    My impulse-purchased fan heater for car defrosting duties has just arrived, so bring on the cold! 🙂

nickc

Postie delivered lots of pairs of Rapha Merino socks..

throw up a piccy, I’m interested to see what over £100 of socks actually looks like…

stumpy01

Our first born child (after many years of trying) is 4 weeks old today, which is something for us to be very happy about!
    We had a little girl (6lb 2 at birth) and have named her Chloe.

Plus, it’s payday.

Plus, we are going to Northampton on Saturday to pick up a new (to us) family wagon. Just need to decide whether to get rid of my stellar mileage knackered old Ibiza, or my Wife’s shiny 12 plate Ibiza pocket rocket.

nickc

congrats Stumpy!

frogstomp

In similar news, the King Blues are back and touring with Enter Shikari in February! 8)

beej

I was told seven weeks ago that I had to find a new job in the company or be made redundant at the end of November (with a very fair pay off).

I had a call offering me a new job outside the company on Monday evening, just after I received my redundancy settlement papers. New job looks great, much better overall package and I’ll be working with a couple of friends (who bike).

Start new job in January, so December off to have some fun.

Ben_H

I have a crazy job that means travel all over the country, but Wednesday is my regular work from home day. Today, this allows me to:

– not be overly affected by my minor man-flu
    – drop-off the kids
    – be around for man to fix our boiler
    – do lots of work by phone call, rather than futile travel to non-meetings
    – prepare food for dinner and hoover car during breaks
    – pick up daughter from school and spend some time playing snap / Lego / Top Trumps
    – pick up son from pre-school
    – eat together as a family at around 5:30pm
    – …and do lots of work!

Happy (Wednes)days!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

You woke up today! That means you can make today count.

stumpy01

Thanks nickc….

😀

scaredypants

Postie delivered lots of pairs of Rapha Merino socks..

throw up a piccy, I’m interested to see what over £100 of socks actually looks like…

He said “lots” of pairs – got to be over a grand

Oh, and well done everyone – cheery ****

gonzy
    Free Member

I have a family. I have my health. I am alive, a lot of people aren’t.
    I have food in the fridge, I have a roof over my head and I have clothes and functioning central heating.
    I am not in fear of persecution, a lot of people are.

+1

i also have 2 bikes
    wife said i could go riding this weekend

its not payday until Friday for me

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Today I am enjoying looking over the pictures I took on the weekend on a snowy walk over Pen-y-Fan.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Back in the gym this afternoon six weeks after hernia surgery, let the fight back begin. 8)
    Yes i was back in the gym one week after surgery, but now it’s official, my consultant said so.

avdave2

And I was happy with my one pair of Woolie Boolie socks that turned up today after Sundays club run where my feet and hands competed to see which could make me most miserable.

But now my day if not my life is ruined because someone else has a whole pile of Rapha Merino socks and thus I’m left feeling inadequate. I don’t want to hear your tales of uplifting joy, I want to hear the grimmest details of your miserable existence so I can rejoice in the fact that you have it worse than me.

I want to hear that you went out today in your socks full of holes because you lost your job your house your family your dog and your dignity and have now had three toes amputated due to frostbite. Now that would cheer me up no end! 🙂

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

My cross commute bike went in for new bearings in the SS hub so I was forced to commute on my mountain bike, I took the scenic route along the river, got dirty but really enjoyed being on the mountain bike, I was slower, more upright but I enjoyed it. Smiling.

Oh and when I dropped off the cross bike for repairs I see that my Clark Kent front Pineapple hub is now a wheel and ready to go. Wow. Amazing bit of kit. So way out there. So very old and a little bit weird. All reasons to like it.

edhornby

Went to great Grandad Davids funeral yesterday, as we walked out of preston crematorium there was a double rainbow waiting for us 🙂

and the eldest daughter is 5 today so we are going to Croma for pizza 😀

I wore shorts to ride into work

kayla1
    Free Member

My leg and ankle are healing nicely, so much so that I may try a little pootle out after dinner on my new bike that’s been built for a week and a half but I couldn’t ride (gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!) because I hurt my leg the day after I finished building it (I crashed my BF’s FS bike at the Kielder Funduro in practice, annoyingly. I don’t think I’d have crashed if I was riding my HT- double gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!)

It’s cold, dry and sunny here too, which is nice 😀

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Lots of good news here , I’m enjoying this thread .

We have decided as of last week that we are going to move further north to be in the mountains so we can properly mountain bike and snowboard at the appropriate times of year .downsize , work less etc. Official approval from the wife to make the move . Huzzah!

daftvader
    Free Member

Avdave2…. I went out in thin socks, summer running shoes and now my feet are cold and the dentist is going to take 2 teeth out… Happy now???

metalheart
    Free Member

My mum has been given the all clear after chemo for lymphoma and doesn’t have to go back for another three months.

I’ve today and the next two days off. So I can take my mum & dad out for lunch on Friday. I feel the above should be marked somehow 🙂

avdave2

Made my day daftvader, I no longer feel inferior in the sock department. 🙂 I hope the dental experience isn’t too grim

senorj

Never been so fed up – but Stumpy’s news has cheered me up.
    Congratulations Marrow. 😀

nedrapier

Not my news, but this email from Surfers Against Sewage just cheered me up. Well done to everyone involved, awesome effort.

______

During the week of the 2nd – 8th of November over 3500 beach lovers joined us at 160 beaches for the biggest ever nationwide Autumn Beach Clean Series. Volunteers came together from Cromer to Portrush and the Isle of Skye to Sennen Cove to sweep a staggering 10 TONNES of marine litter from the UK coastline and recycle over 10,000 plastic bottles and cans.

160 Autumn Beach Cleans – All regions in the UK were represented.
    3500 SAS Volunteers – Including 17 schools, 13 universities and 63 dogs!
    10 Tonnes – Of litter removed by SAS volunteers
    10,000 Items Recycled – Including 7146 plastic bottles, 2175 cans and 466 glass bottles
    Weird and Wonderful Items – A passport, a plastic cake, bikini top, printer cartridges, a toilet brush, a suitcase, 100s of toy soldiers, animals, dinosaurs and a marine litter minion toy to name just a few.
    Retro Rubbish – Many ‘Retro Rubbish’ items were discovered including; a Milky Way wrapper from 1989, a Britain’s Ltd toy soldier from 1986 and Coke can from 1986 to name just a few. All of these have been inducted into SAS’s Marine Litter Museum!
    The Usual Suspects – As ever SAS’s volunteers were shocked by the vast numbers of bottle tops, single use plastic bottles, cans and cigarette butts that were found. However it was the many, many thousands of cotton bud sticks (other sewage related debris) discovered at every beach that really saddened volunteers.
    Fireworks – Unfortunately our beaches are blighted each year by a huge amount of fireworks. All volunteers reported large amounts at their beach cleans (all of which was removed).

SaxonRider
    bluehelmet
    Free Member

I have attracted a new boyfriend on facebook, a fan dancing tai chi instructor…

brooess
    Free Member

I’ve just been out on my bike in beautiful autumn sunshine. Almost all drivers were friendly and careful.
    I have a job offer after several months of looking. Whilst it means I big pay cut the overall package is good and as it means moving from London to Milton Keynes, my cost of living will be lower so overall finances should be ok.
    I won’t be working in financial services anymore, which after 20 years could well turn out to be a revelation 🙂
    I have no debt and I’m happy with who I am. My parents are in great health and my brother’s doing a great job of bringing up my nephews as happy people – which is a greater achievement on his part than most people realise…
    Oh, and I don’t live in Syria

somafunk

I’ve finished work for the rest of the week and i don’t return till dec 7th 😀 as next week i’m farm sitting/watching for mates whilst they head off to Barcelona (and surrounding area) to find a suitable place to buy a secluded villa with 10-15 acres of land. I hope they come back with something as i’ll be joining them if/when they move

wishiwascalledsteve

My daughter slept until 6.30am and it was my turn to get up with her.

Tomorrow is my last day in the job I hate, I start my new job next week.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Share your good news – pick me up Wednesday thread.’ is closed to new replies.