Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Share your 'good news / life is good' stories
  • franksinatra

There have been a lot of really sad life stories shared on the forum recently. But spring is in the air so I think now would be a good time to share good news. So, why are you happy right now? (smugness allowed)

Me?

1. Lambs are out in the fields
    2. Wife is not working weekends anymore (ever) so more outdoor time for me
    3. For the first time ever, family / work / life balance is good
    4. Garage is tidy
    5. Pretty sure we are going to be able to get a puppy within the next few months
    6. Bike to work scheme starting up again soon so time for a new bike

Looking forward to hearing about other happy lives!

jam-bo

just booked one of the cottages in the foreground for a weeks holiday with the family.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

got some free stuff, 2 week holiday coming, new wheels on the way, sunny 28c……

johndoh
    Free Member

Got significantly more income than outgoings at my business for the first time in four years and finally have a little bit of money to re-invest in it.

Marin
    Free Member

4 of us rode the Marin trail yesterday in the sunshine and had nice fish and chips on the way home.
    About to drive back out to Wales for 3 days biking.
    On holiday to Spain in 2 weeks.
    Just brewed a fresh cup of coffee.

No work for a few weeks now but compared to 90 percent of the worlds population I’m very lucky.

Scratch that for biking, mate just rang I’m going out in the sea kayak.

missnotax
    Free Member

As one of the sad story people – I can add a positive because I ACTUALLY WENT CYCLING IN SUN yesterday!!!

I had almost forgotten what it felt like….

geoffj

Did 20 miles on the bike with my eldest yesterday. It’s sunny today – life is pretty good.

bearnecessities

Woken up to sunshine for 3rd day in a row; amazing the difference it makes to mood.

fasthaggis

My ride yesterday made me feel like Spring was on the way ,and I now have all the bits for my my new Summer bike build.
    Some hols booked up for the Summer.
    Mrs H’s birthday bash almost sorted out.
    Tiny haggis did brilliant at the first round of the climbing comp on Sat.(this is even more amazing ,as he has done no training for ages).
    Lovely commute in this morning ,crisp and sunny .
    So woo and indeed whooo 🙂

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Don’t have a big life is good story but I’m in an oddly chirpy mood this morning!

A good weekend at work – the sun meant we were busy for a change! 🙂
    Had my last interview for med school last week, bit of a nervous wait now but I know I can’t do any more so don’t need to worry about it for the time being!
    Legs felt good for the hour I spent on the turbo this morning!

Think it’s mainly the sunshine cheering me up, but I’m not complaining! 😀

alex222
    Free Member

1 week Thursday is my last day at work. 12th of March I fly to Vancouver.

_tom_
    Free Member

Not as good as some here but tomorrow I’m riding my mtb properly for the first time since about a week before xmas.. can’t wait 😀 other than that work is good, friends are awesome and its nice waking up with some light outside rather than pitch black!

Oh and I have a new full sus frame on its way.

teasel
    Free Member

Local muntjac ‘squeaked’* at me this morning. Not being particularly fluid in deer-speak I’m not sure whether it was a greeting or an insult.

*The noise isn’t too dissimilar to the sound made by a dolphin, hence squeak.

teasel
    Free Member

Here’s the reason it was so audible…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em9KhJqzUiE[/video]

Not my YT account, merely a friend hosting it for me. My apologies for the camera skills, too – it’s Miss T’s first time taking vids. Bless…

anklebiter101
    Free Member

Got out on the road bike yesterday for 40 miles round the New Forest in the sun for the first time in god knows how long. Even felt brave enough to wear shorts…

Finally got the bits on order to get my Cotic Soul back on the trails and really hoping to get some trips to Wales in this year.

Getting married in August and at presnt, touch wood, planning seems to be reasonably under control.

All in all, feeling fairly good today for the first time in months… 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

I bought a new caravan! Four birth, great condition, only £1500!

Very excited to go away in it now.

yossarian
    Free Member

Got a few days off as its half term

1. The sun is out, the sea is blue and the waves are rolling gently in. Living by the sea is bloody great. I forget sometimes how lucky we are.
    2. I have 2 days of aikido training later in the week by one of the best practitioners in the UK. My security team have performed brilliantly over the last 6 months and its my thank you to them. Really looking forward to it.
    3. The next stage of our house refurb begins next week. New floor throughout downstairs, new windows, carpets, replastering and paint and furniture for the kids rooms. We’ve spent a couple of years paying off debts but we are now good to go on completely refitting our house. It’s going to be lovely when we’ve finished.
    4. My wife has a meeting later this week with Wally Olins. If you are aware of the world of branding & design you’ll know who he is. She emailed him a few weeks back to ask if he was giving any lectures soon and he invited her to meet him for a chat in his offices. She is bricking it. 🙂

Spring is coming, everything starts afresh.

grum
    Free Member

Sun is shining, finally got our house on the market and had lots of interest already. Got a week off and I’m going to see my brother in Scotland, and the weather actually looks like it will be nice. 🙂

marcus7
    Free Member

I’m going to ride delamere tonight with dave and the guys, not been for weeks so will probably kill me but i’m looking forward to in a strange way… 🙂

Northwind

I’ve been off work for about 6 months with work-related stress (and associated general miserableness). No way I was returning to the job. No fun at all… Anyway, was offered a position in my old workplace and just restarted here- good people, good work, life is good. (well, massive paycut not so good but hey!)

djglover
    Free Member

The sun was shining at the weekend and I was out running in a base layer only.

thats enough to make me 🙂

bikerbruce
    Free Member

Im 20 Im running 2 companies,I rode to work in the sun today,Ive got a hot girlfriend and Im going training to majorca on monday,But my wheatabix was slightly too soggy this morning…error

Andy

Today is the 84th day of stopping smoking after 25 years 😀

tomaso
    Free Member

Just had first weekend in campervan with family – this was our morning view on Sunday out over Coniston.

Looking forward to lots of outdoor fun with my family and some cheeky biking :mrgreen:
    Oh and here is a pic of new van

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

today I will be booking a trip which includes numerous train journeys, including this one

as well as a couple of 200 mph TGV trips

I love trains

franksinatra

Bbsb, is that railway or roller coaster? 😯

pacemaker
    Free Member

just booked one of the cottages in the foreground for a weeks holiday with the family.

Sennen Cove, one of my favourite places in the world, it would be my home if i every had the money not to work again. 😀

tomhoward

Just been told by work I’m going to be transferred back to a role I loved but I was pushed out of last year to one I hate.
    Moving house, will save me a truck load of cash.
    Getting fitter by the day.

Fingers crossed this year will be loads better than the last 2!

tang
    Free Member

I got given a pinarello fp3 carbon f&f by a friend at the weekend. Interview for some extra(bike related) work tomorrow that I’m really enthusiastic about. And best of all my dear wife seems to be pulling out of the horrendous post natal depression she has been suffering with.

costello
    Free Member

a friend of ours noticed we’ve had a lot on our plate yesterday,she gave me a book i had not got around to reading (we exchange thrillers etc),4 bars of green and blacks chocky as she knows i’m a fan and a letter saying how much she appreciates all the volunteer work we do……………oh and a cheque for 2 grand to “go on hols or something”,a little shocked but it is pretty typical of her…..we’ve got good friends

andyrm
    Free Member

Meeting with FC in Bristol went way better than planned on Saturday – how does official sanction to build trails in a big bit of woods on a hill sound? How about if they give budget to fence and signpost it to prevent conflict with horse and walker types? Pretty amazing……

7 hours of building with a huge crew of lads and we have the beginnings of some very, very fast DH tracks that are doable on a trail/enduro bike too. Many more hours needed yet but this is the start of something great.

Never expected the response we got from the FC 🙂

cinnamon_girl

@ teasel – wow, what an amazing vid and how lucky were you to get that close! Can I ask whether it was on its own? Very surprised at its tameness and I do wonder why.

The muntjacs I’ve encountered have always run away pretty swiftly whilst emitting a bark, more like a yappy dog really.

Actually, we really need Zulu-11 here, he’ll be able to give us his expert take.

meehaja
    Free Member

I’ve had a really good day today. No particular reason, just in a good mood, spent all day being nice to people and they were all nice back. Everyone feeling good.

I’m probably going to fail an exam tommorrow, but hey ho, this beer tastes good and I get a re-sit!

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWfbGGZE07M[/video]

That’s how I roll………

porlus
    Free Member

Been working as a contract design draughtsman for a York company for almost 2 years. Today the boss called me into his office and offered me a permanent job. Really happy

teasel
    Free Member

Can I ask whether it was on its own? Very surprised at its tameness and I do wonder why.

It’s a long, long story really. Probably too long for this thread so I’ll keep it shortish.

I’ve shared the land I live on with that male for over 10 years now. He never used to be that brave; only the last two years TBH. Before him was what I presumed to be his ex-wife or maybe his sister – I couldn’t ever be certain. Anyway, she had a split lower jaw – a cleft, if you will – and as she got older she showed interest in the old bread I threw out and eventually stood outside my door waiting for it. She eventually took it from my hand and he used to watch her doing so, stamping his foot in some sort of demonstration. She died a few years ago and he thought it was time to make a stance and get some free grub himself. So for about two years now, he’s been waiting outside my door most mornings – sometimes asleep, sometimes staring in a zombie-deer fashion.

He’s been a loner since his other female died giving birth a year back but just recently a new love interest has turned-up, weirdly with a developing youngster with her, which I’m guessing is a male (hoping would be better because we haven’t had a male for sometime now). It’s going to be an interesting Spring.

There’s also a new family moving in (male, female and non-weaning offspring), which leads me to believe he’s lost some ground to the new and rather large male of that group.

He does bark for the most part, only squeaking when there’s a rival in the vicinity or threatening ol’ Split Lip when she showed annoyance at him stealing her bread.

I have extensive photos, films and documentation of their habits and movements that I’ve been meaning to share with someone who can do something with it, but TBH, he’s become so tame I doubt he’d make a good study. There are better vids where he’s not so spooked by someone else being close but most have been taken from the first-person perspective and are a tad shakey.

chewkw
    Free Member

I passed by driving test 1st time on Wed last week with 4 minors does that count?

Once in my life I have given up worrying does that count?

weeksy

KTM broke it’s chain on Sunday…

It’s going to cost me £400+ to repair.

However, i never crashed, it never destroyed the engine casing and i had both legs still fully working.

🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Just been woken in our hotel in Kew by my very excited 6 year old who is spending her first day in That There London hopping on and off the tourist bus and we’ll finish with a ride on the Eye at sunset.

takisawa2

Wife was told last month that she is being made redundant this year, but not till September. 🙁

But, Birmingham Uni have agreed to hold a Uni place for her till October, on a nursing degree program. 🙂

I have most of the bits now to put a FS together for the summer. 🙂
    (Big thanks to my old mate Eug).

Local Green energy group have shortlisted us to have our solid walled house externally insulated. 🙂

I’m off for two days with the children, so bike rides a plenty, starting with Cannock today. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Share your 'good news / life is good' stories’ is closed to new replies.