Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Share your days out (non biking)
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

You know how it goes.. a few days off each year as a family, not particularly got holidays booked, but, we'll get out somewhere for the day etc..
    Point is, where to go.. obvious is well advertised and expensive theme parks but there are little gems dotted all over the country.. its just knowing about them..
    I'll start, today, I went to Liverpool, Albert Dock, had a brill time, didnt cost the earth, Maritime Museum was ace, Ferry crossing etc..nice food and pubs.. great people as well, found the 'locals' a friendly bunch..

knottie8
    Free Member

Hang on a minute , you mean there is a life outside mountain biking ? NO way .

Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

We use Clubcard vouchers for Theme Parks which are nice.

My personal preference is a day in a park, With a picnic, Kites, Ball Games, etc just bum around all day.

Or go for a walk in the local woods Bug hunting and wildlife spotting. Buliding a den picnic.

zaskar
    Free Member

Paris or Rome but with kids…hmm I dunno..cottage in Scotland somewhere?

geoffj

National Railway Museum in York – fantwattingtastic

cinnamon_girl

Do what I do – treat each ride as an adventure. It's not just about riding, it's the scenery, wildlife, local history.

nbt

National War museum, make visiting That London worthwhile. do NOT however make the mistake of visiting the one in manchester, it's RUBBISH

antigee

last week took kids to National Mining Museum near Wakefield
    great fun 500ft down in old lift and 1,1/2 hrs or so round tunnels made up to like olden olden days and then stuff from when the mine closed plus on top pit ponies and interactive stuff that was fun – free

Royal Armouries Leeds – parking is only cost as very near city centre – or an easy walk from Railway Station – fantastic displays – just be prepared for difficult questions – my favourite is the armoured (stuffed) elephant – watching jousting (when it is on) costs but is something you don't see everyday

2nd the bug hunting/bird watching/den building stuff – walks are boring – dressing up and packing for an adventure is fun

geoffj – thanks was thinking of a trip later his week so will go for that

Hal
    Free Member

I agree with Cinnamon Girl, get out and look and listen 😯

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Hal, Cinnamon Girl,

I live on Cannock Chase.. I am outdoors as much as possible, I get my 3 yr old Granddaughter out as often as possible bug hunting etc.. I thought posts offering suggestions for reasonable – interesting days out, away from major theme parks would not only give out information to myself but put general suggestions across to a wider audience as well..
    I have had yrs in the wilderness.. not needing to know much.. but Granddaughter is growing up.. days out are in abundence again.. 😉

sharki
    Free Member

kilve beach, picnic on the green, with frisbee, football, etc..rock pooling and fossil hunting, 20mins from me and a guaranteed great day for all 3 kids…..price…the cost of parking and a little extra for the cream tea if wanted..

zaskar
    Free Member

London!

MrNutt
    Free Member

dig a big hole in the garden!

willard

Went and saw U2 at Wembley on friday night last week, then stayed over at my mate's flat till Sunday catching up on things.

Had a few beers, had a couple of glasses of wine, had some good food.

All in all, a great pre-wedding treat for me and my fiancee.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Share your days out (non biking)’ is closed to new replies.