Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shameless tyre question
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a new hardtail that I intend to use as a local xc/play bike. This will involve a bit of blatting down sets of steps, drop-offs, occasional forays into woodland, riding on the road, gravel covered bridleways, riding on grass etc etc.

The bike came with some High Rollers, but I’d like something that rolls better on hardpack and is a bit lighter. However, the frame is pretty stiff some some comfort damping would be useful.

Any recommendations?

z1ppy

2.2 Racing Ralphs or Rocket Ron’s maybe, only used the Ralph’s myself but I’d buy them again – if I we had the condition to use them….
    Where are you, to have hardpack at the moment?

mikey74
    Free Member

By hardpack, I mean graveled over bridleways.

I’ll have a look at those Ralphs. I was also looking at some Spesh S-Works Sauserwinds, if anyone has any experience of those.

MrGreedy

If it’s a play bike, I’d be inclined to stick with the High Rollers myself. Rons or Ralphs will certainly be faster but I’d be a lot more worried about punctures (particularly if riding down steps as you say).

chiefgrooveguru

Ghetto-tubeless the High Rollers? Comfier, grippier, rollier, lighter-ish.

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

On one are selling 1/2 price Racing Ralph 2.25’s and Nobby Nic 2.25’s, either would be good or a Ralph up rear and Nic up front?!?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shameless tyre question’ is closed to new replies.