Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Shameless Plugging??
  • TheDoog
    Free Member

Are we allowed to shamelessly plug and promote our bands on here?? In a non profit kinda way??

psychle
    Free Member

Dunno, but it seems to go on a wee bit at times, I think there’s some sort of tacit understanding between STW towers and some folk, as long as they’re not just posting about their products and are contributing in addition?

TheDoog
    Free Member

Thats what I thought, best not to then really!! I can’t find a link between punk rock and mountain biking so I guess it wouldn’t really be contributing much!

hora
    Free Member

Some of it is subtle in a helping sort of way. So not unacceptable if its a reply ontopic is it?

donsimon
    Free Member

But what happens if you ask the powers that be and there isn’t a definitive response?

I would have thought that it’s common courtesy to ask, no?

TheDoog
    Free Member

I only want to put a link to our myspace/facebook pages really. I know there are a few lovers of the louder kind of music on here who may appreciate our dulcit tones. Not actually trying to sell anything!

donsimon
    Free Member

Surely it’s not a problem if someone finds your Myspace page and posts a “Hey, look what I’ve found.” thread?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I guess it wouldn’t really be contributing much!

Funny you should say that…… because I’ve always wondered if anyone on here is involved in any bands? Just because I’m interested like. Specially if it was a punk rock band.

TheDoog
    Free Member

I suppose we could start a forum members creativity thread, that might cover all the bases photography, music, art etc etc??? And I suppose in a way its not much different to someone posting “have a look at my shiny new bike etc etc”

Cougar

There’s a difference between going “hey, I’m in a band” and spamming the board trying to sell something.

If there was a complete embargo on self-promotion we wouldn’t have threads on Trout lights, and I don’t see anyone complaining there. Go for it, I say.

roper
    Free Member

this reminds me. Does anyone know of any good punk music to listen too while Im out on my bike, or to listen to while I enjoy the latest singletrack mag (available in all good news agents and local bike shops,or available to download).
    ideally if you could link to a myspace page or somate?

ta

Edit. or rather good(and very tight, if Imay say so), big band funkadelic jazz kind of stuff
    😉 Zukemonster

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Well I will get the ball rolling then, and it will give you an excuse to post yours!

Big, but not big beats, and definitely not punk I am afraid!
    “Straight No Chaser”
    soundcloud
    Main website
    reverbnation

Z.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Very cool Zukemonster! Helping me to chill having tried to break my collar bone yet again this morning, fortunately did not manage it but now can not move my shoulder, so on here and listening to jazz 😀

TheDoog
    Free Member

Well there we go then, someone has had a plug so I’m gonna dive in!! Try to enjoy!! It wont be easy!!

facebook

myspace

john_drummer
    Free Member

well I’ve done it in the past & not got shouted at, so I guess as long as you don’t go crazy…

http://www.thewickeffect.co.uk

ay up, you’re in Wakey 🙂 I grew up & went to school in Wakey.

We’re just up the A61 in Leeds

TheDoog
    Free Member

Well no one has reprimanded me yet…………….

iDave
    Free Member

john drummers approach has been sound. ‘enthusiastic evangelism’ it could be called rather than blatant plugging.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Shameless Plugging??’ is closed to new replies.