Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Shameless begging/request for the might of STW to help our Primary School.
  • Tracker1972
    Free Member

Hello, I am here to abuse my lowly position as a member of these parts to ask for your help.

Our school entered itself in a Ronseal competition to win a “playground makeover” out of something like 1,200 schools we made it through to the last 6!

Now the hurdles, you need to “like” on Facebook the Ronseal competition page here

Ronseal Playground makeover

and then “like” the picture for our school (Grassmoor Primary School) it is the picture with a pile of tyres in it and the bright green shed.

Bit of a faff but could make a big difference to our playground and the kids that use it (and after all, won’t someone think of the kids!) Naturally if we win pictures of happy workmen painting and varnishing and doing whatever they do will be forthcoming/burned (delete as appropriate).

Thank you!

uplink
    Free Member

I tried but I guess you need to be in Facebook to do it?

donsimon
    Free Member

I tried, I guess you have to be a friend to do it?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Bugger, yes you do need to be on facebook, will try and sort the friend bit….

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Just logged out of Facebook and used the link, it should get you to the Ronseal page OK… did it not Don Simon?

Klunk
    Free Member

i voted for the lowestoft school they obviously need it more.

donsimon
    Free Member

It gets me to the page either logged in or not, but I’m not given the option to like. I can see the 4 people who have liked so far, but I’m not given the option.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I think you have to like the Ronseal page first don simon, and then like the picture, thanks for trying (and letting me know it isn’t exactly smooth…) and thank you Klunk, democracy only works if we all vote for someone 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Done.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Thank you sir, may your children/bikes be blessed with long and happy lives!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I voted for Murrayburn as it looks pretty grim.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Does a bit doesn’t it SBZ, and Roman Hill has a bike rack in the picture, what am I doing asking people to look! Still, in for a penny, in for a pound…
    Anyone know a charitable Facebook controlling botnet..?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Just in case anyone missed it earlier… 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That Le Cateau school have got a bit of a nerve. All that lovely grass area, and they’re still begging? Taking liberties.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I agree elfin, so, did you vote for us? 😉
    Oh, and good morning morning crowd!

Leigh
    Free Member

done!

Cletus

Done 😀

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Thank you Leigh and Cletus 🙂

Sandwich

Done

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Thanks Sandwich, oh, and just in case anyone else hasn’t seen this before, please feel free to help out, we are kind of getting panned at the moment si if you think you can help out, please give us a few moments of your Facebook time.

Ronseal page here

Our school here

Thanks 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

all a bit cheeky but it seems all the schools are at it.

Done anyway. Good luck

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Yes it is a bit cheeky, but it’s how they have set it up unfortunately so if you can’t beat em…
    Oh, and thanks TJ 🙂

Tracker1972
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zs59sK11a8[/video]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zs59sK11a8
    Last one I promise 🙂

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Oh bugger…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Your school looks pretty nice in comparison to most primary school play areas I’ve seen. I’m thinking of voting for murrayburn which looks like a nasty prison of a school and the kids must be slitting their wrists.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

That’s the joy of having a clever selection of picture, hence someone at our school making the little vid above, but that said, if Ronseal get enough support they will keep doing it so someone will get it next year as well hopefully as well, even if it isn’t us 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Shameless begging/request for the might of STW to help our Primary School.’ is closed to new replies.