Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Shame on you Singlespeeders.
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

With your mono-sprocket out lookout on life. You claim single sprocket purity, yet choose to deny that the majority of you have a history that contains more than one sprocket. Why don’t you become more inclusive of the multi-sprocket society we live in rather than organising diversive singlespeed events.
    You make me sick.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gearists!

Pigface
    Free Member

Rohloff rights now

enfht
    Free Member

It really upsets me how something that used to only have a niche following is now far more mainstream. Nowadays you even hear people discussing it openly in pubs. (spits on floor)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Should we be giving them the oxygen of this publicity, though?

enfht
    Free Member

I understand that the UAS did a massive demo at SSUK, blocking traffic, waving placards and intimidating the organisers. According to their website the demo was a complete success.

Stoner
    Free Member

Does nobody remember the riots in Gearcable Street?

I was born nearby and I remember stories of Tracey Mosely’s black shirts getting a good kicking! (is this right? Ed)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tracey Mosely’s black shirts

Ah yes, the even more vile extremists of the Fixie Front.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Ermmmm…. bait hook and sit back to see what bites ? Me thinks.

Norton
    Free Member

An inevitable result as a significant minority feel that the major parties (Shimano and SRAM)no longer offer transmissions to meet their needs…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Meanwhile, the Campagnolo Party are cavorting in the pool with glamour models. Shocking.

juan
    Free Member

wait until MP’s from the niche party release they expenses claim…

ourmaninthenorth

Meanwhile, the Campagnolo Party are cavorting in the pool with glamour models.

Not for much longer, as it looks like they’ll be replaced by a shift to a new system before too long (and round and round it goes).

RudeBoy
    Free Member

(Hangs head in shame)

Well, I have to say, as a Cyclist, I’m just sick and tired of all these foreign imports coming over here, flooding our markets with their multiple gear ranges and incomprehensible shifter arrangements.

I said, many years ago, when 6, then 7-speed systems started to creep in, that this was the thin end of the wedge. I said, that if we’re not careful, that we’d soon have 8, 9, even 10-speed systems flooding our bike shops. Can no-one remember Eunuch Powell’s ‘Rivers of Chains’ speech, where he warned us that our chains would soon be ‘foaming with lube’?

As for multi-gearism, well that just hazzunt worked, has it? Far from the claims of ‘integration’, and ‘cross-manufacturer unity’, we now have several disparate systems, which are completely incompatible with each other. 7 and 8-speed systems totally unable to work with 9 and 10-speed ones. Shifter actuation ratios of 1:1, 2:1 and God knows what else, simply causing grief, when any attempt to mix and match is made.

The Cycling World is in chaos. It is time for us true bikers to unite, and show the World that we are no longer prepared to be trampled all over, and forced to have to use gears. Singlespeeders unite!

A Singlespeed Britain is a Britain for the future.

(OH, and don’t tarnish us with the extremist Fixie Front. They’re just fundamentalist nutters, who do not represent the vast majority of peace-loving Singlespeeders)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

SPLITTER!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

SPLITTER!

Erm, I cannot deny this.

In my defence, I was removing the links I did not need.

epicyclo

There is only one true way…

and it is single speed belt drive….

do not be tempted by the ways of the chain, it can lead to derailleurs, peletons and lycra.

Sandwich

British hub gears for British riders I say. A back to basics vote for Sturmey Archer the compromise candidate.

CountZero

I demand a General Election now! RudeBoy for Prime Minister.

epicyclo

The way of the belt allows Sturmey-Archer…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Shame on you Singlespeeders.’ is closed to new replies.