• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by nonk.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Shall I start the Racing Post again?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Still interested in hearing about fellow STWers racing exploits whatever the dicipline. It’s just that I’m not racing this year untill the Cross season kicks off again.
    So I know the road is now underway, what else are folk doing.

I know it should be out on a Friday, but I assumed you’ll all be in watching the wedding.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I’m not racing this weekend (arguably I didn’t “race” last weekend, I just minced around on some trails, mostly on my face or with a foot down), but I do love a good racing post before the weekend. Bring it back!

Jase
    Free Member

Ask next week and I’ll have something to report 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes, and I can bore you all with the teams exploits, and my lowly position at the weekender 😀

Blackhound

SSEC in Belgium

big_n_daft
    Free Member
    Rorschach
    Free Member

Yes please!!Admittedly most of my exploits will be in pursuit of a 2nd cat licence this summer with the odd foray on the 29er ‘for a bit of fun’.Without your posts how else am i supposed to make my self feel superior??

mustard
    Free Member

1st Crit tonight and 2nd ever road ‘race’. 1st was a hillclimb last Sat so somewhat different. Feeling a tad nervous right now..

Only previous racing has been 10under/around events.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah I like reading about STWers racing 🙂

None for me this year until August, see if I can pick up a few at the end of the season.

oldgit
    Free Member

1st was a hillclimb last Sat so somewhat different

Possibly the understatement of the year. What Crit are you racing?

None for me this year until August, see if I can pick up a few at the end of the season.

The problem with that is everyone else has five months racing in their legs already…..I know I’ve been there.

mustard
    Free Member

What Crit are you racing?

Edinburgh RC Ingliston Crits (support race). Hopefully I can manage to stay out of trouble!

molgrips
    Free Member

The problem with that is everyone else has five months racing in their legs already…..I know I’ve been there

Yep, it’ll mean the difference between coming 30th out of 80 and 25th out of 80 I expect 🙂

I will be just doing it for the hell of it, probably. Next year tho will be different. Game on.

trail_rat
    Free Member

im not racing competitively this year how ever

local club tt last night – 3/25 – who said you needed to train ? 😀

suffering for it today though , lungs are on fire !

mustard
    Free Member

That was a weird kind of hurt, never done anything like that before.

Survived though and, as far as I can tell, I stayed with the main bunch for the duration.

Not sure i’m in a hurry to do another, I think I’m more suited to longer/hillier racing.

dobo
    Free Member

nothing for me this weekend but i did rnd1 of the southern xc and really enjoyed it so giving the next one a go mid may, and the one after at crow hill, both fairly close to me, looking forward to them. i’ve done 0 long rides but some decent 1hr blasts around the lordswood so interesting to see how this compares

Does Wiggle Enduro 6 count ?
    If so, I’ll let you know how my Thighs Of English Oak stand up to six hours of singlespeeding afterwards.

simondbarnes

I was going to time trial again this summer but really can’t motivate myself to do it at the moment so like you oldgit, my next racing will probably be once cross season starts.

oldgit
    Free Member

Yep enduros count…it all counts.

I was going to time trial again this summer but really can’t motivate myself to do it at the moment so like you oldgit, my next racing will probably be once cross season starts

Well I’ve got my LVRC licence ready to go just in case, but they’re so bloody fast and I got a tad fed up with just being one of the numbers. So since Christmas I’ve been putting in massive mileage, and trying to drop a stone and a half for next year. Tempted to take the soft option and join the 4th Cats though, but the cross season will keep me happy.

nonk
    Free Member

yes i like the racing post keep up the good work.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Shall I start the Racing Post again?’ is closed to new replies.