• This topic has 40 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • [shakes head] Glueing Lego [/shakes head]
  • DrP

Mega OT here…

Just picked up an old stash of my childhood Lego that’s been doing the rounds of the family and has now come full circle back to MiniP to supplement his collection..(Kilos of the stuff! Some retro bricks too!)

However, many of the new models that have been added to the collection have been Kragled by the extended family’s kids……!!

The wife thinks I’m odd for having a bit of a huff and rant over this, but I think glueing Lego is a big no no..
    Tell me I’m not wrong…

DrP

jimdubleyou

😯

perchypanther
    Free Member

I think glueing Lego is a big no no..

I’m with ya Doc!

It’s just plain wrong. Like clip-together Airfix models.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Ex-communication for all of them and their spawn!!!!

davosaurusrex

HAVEN’T THEY SEEN THE LEGO MOVIE!!!???? Disown them all. Took my Lego camper van to bits yesterday because my 5 year old boy wants to rebuild it, and why not?

Pigface
    Free Member

Capital offence

mintimperial

You’re not wrong and frankly I’d be considering divorce, I don’t think that’s disproportionate, clearly your wife has no idea of what is really important in life.

Gluing Lego! Monsters! 🙁

D0NK

wrong wrong wrong wrong, wtf would you glue it?

Had bin bags full of the stuff, sadly binned some years ago (possibly back when I had decided I definitely wasn’t going to be a parent) Would have been handy now our kids have got into it.

the-muffin-man

Lego models are just wrong, never mind gluing them together.

If you can’t build it from bog-standard Lego bricks then you may as well buy an Airfix model.

😀

DrP

I had to bin quite a lot of the glued stuff as it was useless (as in, parts of teh model was glued – wheels glued etc).
    Also, some of the bits were snapped and now had a lethal edge to it!

I think I need therapy..

DrP

shifter
    Free Member

Had a similar huff/rant yesterday when the missus suggested keeping Lego and Megabloks in the same container!

DrP

keeping Lego and Megabloks in the same container!

LOL – this also was too much for me… Huge lego box, smaller Megablocks container…!

DrP

tang
    Free Member

Glueing Lego? They might as well have come round and shat in the toy box! Never heard of such a thing.

P-Jay
    Free Member

That goes against the whole mantra of Lego, yes they sell a lot of kits these days, but they’re not self-assembly toys or Airfix – they’re supposed to be creative.

marcus7
    Free Member

I was clearing up lego for 2 hours yesterday and began by sorting by colour and now have the itch to sort by type as well…. this will mean a bigger storage solution and possible part number labels…. NO GLUE WILL EVER BE INVOLVED, NOT ON MY WATCH! 👿

zilog6128

Had bin bags full of the stuff, sadly binned some years ago

😯 Whatever you do don’t look how much you could’ve sold it for on eBay; you will cry.

timb34
    Free Member

I must be missing something here, as I can’t imagine why anyone would use glue on Lego…

..that’s really going to bother me now. It makes me suspect that there’s a whole subworld of people doing un-needed things to Lego (bit like people who wash meat before cooking it)

DrP

..that’s really going to bother me now.

You know what, I was thinking that “glueing lego” would feature on a ‘scale of deviancy’ somewhere alongside ‘kicking cats’ and ‘the weirdo who air rifles birds in their garden for fun’..

I was getting worried.

DrP

aracer
    Free Member

bikebouy
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    Capital offence

Strict Liability too.

Dungeons under the stairs the only punishment..

aracer
    Free Member

and no pudding

edhornby

wha…. why would you glue lego ???? that’s just wierd, the whole point is to dissassemble and build anew !!!

DrP you are correct, it’s wrong

richmars

Just totally wrong.
    The joint the joins together Lego is very clever, and people do Ph.D’s on it.
    It’s very, very, repeatable, down to a few microns, which from moulded bits of plastic is pretty good.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Are you sure it’s glue?

Perhaps if it was a model of a lighthouse like this, it might have come into contact with saltwater or suchlike…

growinglad
    Free Member

Very very wrong…..

It’s like the Lego has been killed….

“Walks off shaking head”

Sandwich

So wrong that major breaches of both Human Rights and Geneva conventions would have happened in my family.

Commence waterboarding the deviant glue users. No court would convict.

rocketman
    Free Member

I made a pretty big model of the USS Enterprise when I was little and there was no way the engine supports would stay in place so I glued ’em

aracer
    Free Member

No pudding for rocketman

mrchrispy

admin plz ban rocketman

Harry_the_Spider

Death is too good for some people.

rocketman
    Free Member

If anyone has made a Lego model of the Enterprise that doesn’t involve glue I’d like to see it

zilog6128

^^^ you suck at Google. And Lego. 🙂

racefaceec90

THAT’S JUST NOT ON! gluing lego 😮

konabunny
    Free Member

rocketman – Member
    I made a pretty big model of the USS Enterprise when I was little and there was no way the engine supports would stay in place so I glued ’em

Bin! Ban!

rocketman
    Free Member

😈

donks
    Free Member

Well I’m all for it…. There I said it.
    My lad had some lovely Lego sets all built and nicely sitting on the shelf… He actually looks after them and plays with then but without breaking apart… Sometimes adding to but not breaking. His mate came over the other day and systematically and without any consideration for my lad just bust loads of then up. Little s…t. It wouldn’t of been so bad but he then just tipped all the bits from the different sets into the mahoosive lego tub of bricks so we have no chance of rebuilding the models now.

ebygomm
    Free Member

We went to see a lego exhibition last year – the art of the brick and it was marred for me by the video at the beginning that showed them glueing everything together. Also suggesting that some of the sculptures weren’t possibly without resorting to glue – which seems like cheating to me!

It wouldn’t of been so bad but he then just tipped all the bits from the different sets into the mahoosive lego tub of bricks so we have no chance of rebuilding the models now.

Does not compute…

convert

Lego ‘sets’ – the beginning of the end of the western world’s creativity.

Lego is twoers,fourers, eighters, flats and strips – end of. Ok, you can have the little men to ride on what you make as well if you must.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Display models in Perspex like you find in bigger you shops are often glued 🙁 as are all the outside models in legoland. Get on brickset or eurobricks forum for some proper hatred of the kragle!

Northwind

The display models often aren’t even glued, they’re solvent welded with mek. Somehow that seems worse

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘[shakes head] Glueing Lego [/shakes head]’ is closed to new replies.