Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shadow & Rapid Rise rear mech?
  • sam_underhill

any reason why Shimano don't make one?

I use flippy shifters and RR makes so much sense with these. But they don't make a nice tidy shadow rear mech in RR. I wonder if there is a technical reason, or just that they don't want to make another variation.

DickBarton

I found I was knocking my shadow mech much more often than a non-shadow mech…since then I've gone to a shorter cage XT RR mech – no marks or skelps on this so I'm guessing I've just become a bit more aware of where the rear wheel is.

XTR rear mech prior to the Shadow had a few marks on it but looked like slight scuffs – XT Shadow had what looked like definite dunts to it…didn't stop it working but it did seem to get hit more often.

I reckon RR is the right way to go with rear mechs, makes so much sense…the Shadow thing I'm not so sure about…mainly because I appear to have hit that more often than my normal mechs.

sam_underhill

I don't notice striking my XT mech often but it does look quite bashed up (still working well though0. One good reason for shadow is the better cable routing. I'm still using an old Rolamajig to tidy things up, but if/when that gets broken I don't think they are made anymore, si i was thinking a shadow mech would be nice.

scaredypants

haven't seen a shadow up close but, since all the structure is inboard of the hanger, I don't see how it could be rapid rise unless they put a big outrigger in there to pull it inwards

kimbers

shame as im always bending mech hangers but like my RR

RR shadow sounds great to me

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shadow & Rapid Rise rear mech?’ is closed to new replies.