Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Natalie Bennett that was bad!
  • Stoner
    Free Member

ooof..

hora
    Free Member

If she stuttered or bumbled abit in interviews- that I can definitely forgive as I hate silver-tongued snake-like politicans.

However I feel shes the sort that likes being a leader and others do the work so doesn’t know the detail/doesn’t get involved/worry about it. Thus when shes caught out- its bad. True?

Northwind

Anyone else thinking Patrick Harvie should invade?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

A voice like an indignant dormouse

I don’t know if you read your own link properly but that insult was aimed at Jenny Jones not Natalie Bennett :

“Hosting the press conference was Jenny Jones, the seaweed-haired Green Party peer with a voice like an indignant dormouse”.

I like Jenny Jones, although I can understand why the Daily Telegraph writers might not like her. Here she is laying into Daily Telegraph columnist Boris Johnson for his appalling slur against cyclists in which he falsely claimed that cyclists were responsible for the majority of accidents :

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsNHV2wsO-0[/video]

I would rather have seaweed-haired Jenny Jones with her voice like an indignant dormouse speaking on behalf of me than the tousled haired blonde with the baritone voice.

Garry_Lager

hora – Member

If she stuttered or bumbled abit in interviews- that I can definitely forgive as I hate silver-tongued snake-like politicans.

However I feel shes the sort that likes being a leader and others do the work so doesn’t know the detail/doesn’t get involved/worry about it. Thus when shes caught out- its bad. True?
    Her not knowing / getting involved with / worrying about policy detail is the correct approach – as she has no policies or details of any seriousness and one shouldn’t attempt to defend the indefensible. Her job is to be real, to articulate the vision that makes people vote Green – because no one votes Green on account of their ‘policies’, they do so for bigger reasons.
    Being hectored by a toss-bag like Nick Ferrari on green housing policy was a golden opportunity to do this – I mean that should be cow’s-arse-with-a-banjo stuff for anyone with passion and belief in what they are standing for.

AlexSimon

At least it’s confirming everything I ever suspected about The Telegraph.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

So you don’t have anything specific to back your claims up, just a link to some nice policies that have the aim of making the world better and fairer.

EC201: To this end, the Citizens’ Income (see EC730) will allow the current dependence on economic growth to cease, and allow zero or negative growth to be feasible without individual hardship should this be necessary on the grounds of sustainability. (see PB104-106)

NOTE: “Zero or negative growth…..” Mmmmm….that’s got my vote right there!

miketually
    Free Member

NOTE: “Zero or negative growth…..” Mmmmm….that’s got my vote right there!

The possibility of infinite economic growth on a finite planet. Discuss.

ninfan
    Free Member

Problem solved!

winston
    Free Member

Boris really is a nasty piece of work isn’t he.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Stoner – that’s excellent !

In responce to MrLebowski’s quote how do you deal with an aging population without economic growth ? I suppose one answer is the environmental one, law of the jungle – people will starting dying younger again

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Johnson isn’t just a nasty piece of work he’s also very lucky nasty piece of work. He can completely screw up an interview with “well ….erm……… you know….chuckle chuckle……what can I say……erm……ah yes……chuckle chuckle…..erm…..I’m probably talking bollocks……ha ha” and every halfwit in London thinks he’s the best politician in Britain.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Space travel?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Redemption time – I hope that her cold has got better before QT tonight

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Natalie Bennett that was bad!’ is closed to new replies.