Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Sexism to Males -observed in teacher training.
  • zaskar
    Free Member

After a session today, it was so obvious that the women did not want to work with guys or just ignored the guys and their presentation-talking etc.

What interests me as how these women will act towards male students?

Felt like a room with ppl trying to get a job with Alan Sugar.

(I was only an observer in the room taking behavioural notes and I want equality not superiority.)

There was 5 women to every 1 man per table and the men seemed to sit and get ignored-eek!

sharki
    Free Member

*ignores zaskar and awaits a ladies post*

midlifecrashes

So, anyway, where are we giong tonight, pass the Lambrini will you…

trailmonkey

*whispers behind hand*

zaskar
    Free Member

:OP

project
    Free Member

They where obviously not gay men and seen as a threat, women together will always ignore the males,unless for sex or freindship,but call them sexist and youll be hounded out of the room,and the responce you made will follow you around the company forever,i know from personal experience.

A company i worked for a few years ago,the men where slowly driven out by the women,takeing over,only women where appointed to jobs,or given promotion,we where made to feel left out,ignored and put down.

emac65
    Free Member

There was 5 women to every 1 man

Result !

loddrik
    Free Member

Introduce sharia law, that’ll show ’em….

doh
    Free Member

5 females to 1 guy sounds great until you are in the middle of a full blown barny over something very trivial and they all think you are on their side.

i have been working 2 jobs for a while,
    the job that is mostly male (warehouse, rough old men) problems/conflicts are sorted out with lots of verbal abuse and or ridicule at high volume. things are quickly back to normal even if the persons concerned dont like each other.

in the mostly female job (healthcare, youngish qualified professionals) small problems seem to boil below the surface and turn into really bad feelings between large factions of the staff that seem to run for years.

no real point to make just my observations.

jojoA1
    Free Member

not nice is it?
    I don’t condone their behaviour, but that’s what it’s been like for women for many many years. Plus a hefty dose of condescention, dismissiveness and even verbal abuse to add to the being ignored.

zaskar
    Free Member

Well I not going to be bothered by it but when I get back to School on Monday I hope to help all the students learn regardless.

I just think the world needs balance not dictatorship.

It is funny watching them argue behind each others back.

Totally agree with the bloke thing-have it out shake hands and get on with it.

I was just concerned that it is these type of people getting through to the interviews-very devious or dumb interviewers.

Worlds never gonna be perfect and life too short-I give up and don’t bloody care anymore-looking out for myself from now on and a few that ask for help 😆

bikemonkey
    Free Member

My girlfriend is a primary school teacher in an school staffed almost exclusively by young, recently qualified, females. Since most of them have trained to be teachers straight from Uni, they haven’t experienced any professional atmosphere other than that of education. They all act like schoolgirls and, as pointed out by doh, petty squabbles frequently escalate into huge disruptive arguments. There are shifting factions, friends quickly stab you in the back and individuals are bullied. It is the most unprofessional environment I have ever heard of and I have a lot of respect for my girlfriend who does her best to remain neutral and not get drawn into it.

The only male teacher is the deputy head and he’s the worst of the lot. He revels in discord and seems to create trouble where there isn’t any and act as a catalyst for smaller problems. He’s very camp and, although it’s a little un-PC, a bit of a queen. He likes the attention and has even tried turning my girlfriend against me (I think he’s jealous of the time we spend together).

To be honest, they can keep their long holidays and automatic ‘cost of living’ pay rises – I can’t think of anywhere worse to work. The guys in the teacher training class should take the hint and leave now, or else try to shimmy through all the bitching and concentrate on progressing their career.

Here endeth the sermon!

zaskar
    Free Member

The guys have simply grouped together and I’ve noticed the mature women trainees 35+ have sat with the guys now as they can’t stand the immature behaviour. I mentioned it to the teacher and she had seen it but doesn’t have the time to fix it and could I do it. No-unless you pay me more.

All I care about is the kids and their educations.

Guess who has to work with the females from hell-should be entertaining to watch! lol. Seen it before from the bottom to the top of many industries.

I assume and expect more of people but not anymore. Hence it impresses me when I see ppl being ‘Excellent’ to each other-Bill & Ted quote there… 8)

doh
    Free Member

quote zaskar “All I care about is the kids and their educations”

you have no future in education and will be quickly hounded out 😉

zaskar
    Free Member

Shark with a heart? 😈

doh
    Free Member

quote zaskar again “I was just concerned that it is these type of people getting through to the interviews-very devious or dumb interviewers”

plenty of new rules for these civil service/government jobs when it comes to interviews, the applications these days are anonamised(sp?) no names/ages/sex/religeon/disability/illness etc are allowed through to the people choosing for interviews. sounds fair enough, cuts down discrimination etc. but the downside is even if you make it through to interview a drooling goggle eyed loon HAS to be selected above you if they have slighty better qualifications than you. personal experience/personality have little to do with it now.
    even if the board deem you better suited to the job they would really have to fight to get you appointed due to possible discrimination actions. eg a young person fresh out of uni with a great degree would get the job over another person who has experience with controlling riots (ex police say)a better “rounded” person but with a slighty lesser degree though still well qualified.

who would you rather have teach the nutters class in an inner city high school?
    (ex GF had this happen when she sat on an interview board, due to policies/politics they couldnt give the job to the person they wanted with bad results for the unlucky young girl they gave the job to)

i can see both points, if you are 64 and want a job you should be able to apply fairly and equaly. if you are an employer would you want to employ someone that is going to leave in a years time?

i myself have taken part in selecting and sitting on an interview board, it was for a smallish company, ill just say the criteria where a little more realistic (i left when i realised i wouldnt have given myself a job there 😯

project
    Free Member

The thing is that there are more jobs being created for Women now,stafed by women,and they only employ women or men they think they can mould to their way of thinking,men in industry has almost disapeared,as have men in certain proffesions,teaching and nursing spring to mind.

aP
    Free Member

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Yes, well, I’ve been a teacher for 21yrs and nearly all of the male teachers I have encountered have been either weak and pathetic, or domineering and patronising to women.
    They deserve to be ignored! 😉

project
    Free Member

Within the next few years more than 80% of Doctors will be wowmen, the problem is finding enough men to have their ballocks chopped of to become women.

zaskar
    Free Member

FoxyChick – Member
    Yes, well, I’ve been a teacher for 21yrs and nearly all of the male teachers I have encountered have been either weak and pathetic, or domineering and patronising to women.
    They deserve to be ignored!

I’m deffo not weak! I treat women with respect and I also treat the individual with respect but not if the individual is a sexist pig- male or female.

Beats hairy chest…yoadle… 😈

I like being a man-it’s bloody brilliant! 8)

project
    Free Member

FoxyChick – Member
    They deserve to be ignored!

Posted 13 hours ago

So youre obviously a man hateing lesbian attending a girls school,with a serious attitude problem that stops you getting another job,working with us Men.
    PS dont actually have any proof lesbians hate men,but it sounds right.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Sexism to Males -observed in teacher training.’ is closed to new replies.