Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Seville Cordoba Malaga – Hotel Recommendations please
  • BigJohn

We’re going to Tarifa for a week for the windsurfing and then we’re hopping on a train for a few days (7-10 July) around parts of Andalucia that we haven’t spent time in before. Does anybody have recommendations for hotels, must sees, must dos, must eats etc. for us in the above locations? We’re not after Ritz-Carlton luxury – a Hostal usually does us OK but we don’t mind spending a bit if it’s worth it.

ElShalimo

Cadiz & Vejer De La Frontera are worth visiting

BigJohn

Yes, but we’re heading back East to Malaga. And we’ve been to those places. But thanks for the tip.

ElShalimo

Antequera is nice, not sure if its on a train line

mogrim

Seville’s quite nice – the Plaza de España, Cathedral, Giralda etc. Down by the river there are (or were the last time I was there) a lot of bars and restaurants. I’m afraid I can’t recommend anywhere to sleep, it was a while back I was there…

Cordoba’s on my list of places to visit, but I still haven’t managed to get there despite only being a few hours from home. The obvious thing to see there is the Mosque, to the west of the town is Medina Azahara which would also be worth a visit.

Instead of Cordoba you could also head up into Extremadura (from Seville) to Merida, which has some interesting Roman stuff.

raify
    Free Member

I love the Hotel Doña Maria in Seville. It’s right in the centre (you could throw a stone at the Giralda from it) looks classically Spanish and isn’t that expensive. €80 last time I was there…

Rooftop pool and bar, lovely air con.

BigJohn

Thanks Raify. I just checked back onto the forum 10 minutes ago, saw your post and booked the hotel Dona Maria without further ado. I might check it out properly later this evening but from my experience you can’t go wrong with STW recommendations.

Although a whole 9 hours between my original post and the right answer! Standards are slipping!

BigJohn

Just relaxing at the pool bar at dona Maria. Very nice indeed after a week of strong Levante in Tarifa. Temperature in the mid 40s in the afternoon in Seville. About what its like back in the UK?

ElShalimo

About mid 40s in the afternoon (°F)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Seville Cordoba Malaga – Hotel Recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.