Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Severe Cramp? in fingers
  • deep_river
    Free Member

This year I have started developing what I think is really bad cramp in the middle finger of my right hand whislt riding .

I do alot of climbing and never suffer any thing like this, so I am wondering what can be causing it. I have cycled weekly for the last 20 years of my life, but this only started in the last 10 months.

I have tried padded gloves, changing my grips, everything!

Anyone else suffer this?

ahwiles
    Free Member

it can’t be cramp in your finger, cos you don’t have any muscles in your fingers…

i thought i’d have to give up biking due to finger pain (knuckles of 3rd and 4th fingers) – i fixed it by using thicker grips.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Death grip on bars? Brake lever position ( too high or too low)

deep_river
    Free Member

I havent tried different brake lever positions, one to try. Ta

sambob
    Free Member

I used to get this really badly. I fixed it by moving my brake levers inside my shifters and briniging the reach in slightly, therefore i now use the end of the lever so get more leverage and i don’t have to stretch my hands as much. Hope that helps.

coatesy
    Free Member

Suffered quite badly with this a few years back, mainly post ride. Keeping a mental log of when it happened showed it to be after hot and sweaty rides,and taking an electrolite replacement drink in these circumstances seems to have fixed it.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Probably due to thinking about typing something rude on the forum…..

I’ll pack my things now shall I?

singlespeedstu

I used to get this after a particularly long session of ” skinning up”

Stopping all night drug fueled partying cured it no problem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Severe Cramp? in fingers’ is closed to new replies.