Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Seven years ago today
  • Harry_the_Spider

My daughter was born and the midwife spotted that my wife was quite unwell, which turned out to be Strep A.

Was told that the wife was 50/50 for amputations and 20% for not making it at all. Didn’t get the odds on my daughter as she was carted off immediately to SCBU.

Now, seven years on, somebody has bought her a sodding recorder. 😕

wwaswas

Now, seven years on, somebody has bought her a sodding recorder.

Wives and musical instruments, eh!

Harry_the_Spider

They’ve both got one!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Would you ask her to play ‘London’s Burning’ and maybe ‘Three Blind Mice’ for me please 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

no.

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s my Son’s birthday today, 11 – some fool bought him an iPhone… give me strength.

stumpy01

Greensleeves……FTW….. 😆

Harry_the_Spider

The wife bashed out Life on Mars which was pretty good. My daughter is just making a noise that could cause a double glazing unit to fail.

NZCol

Theme from the magic roundabout surely.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Could have been a Violin or a set of Drums, think to yourself… at least whilst theres a screeching sound coming from the other room both are happy.

Buy ear defenders 😆

stumpy01

As above – thank your lucky stars it wasn’t a violin!

derek_starship
    Free Member

Can I borrow her for a day? She can play to her heart’s content whilst standing next to the party wall.

B@stard neighbours….

perchypanther
    Free Member

“Perchy is looking to swap a trumpet and would like a recorder” 😉

fasthaggis

thank your lucky stars it wasn’t a violin bagpipes!

growinglad
    Free Member

Now, seven years on, somebody has bought her a sodding recorder.

🙂

Happy Birthday to the little one!

igm

DezB
    Free Member

I played the recorder as a child. I once played “Little Bird” to the school assembly. Rock, and indeed, Roll.

jamj1974

Well, I’m very pleased for you that you can be annoyed in this way! All the best for the continuing health of Mrs Harriet_the_spider and Miss Harriet_the_spider. 😀

funkmasterp

Happy Birthday to the young ‘un. I’ve only ever heard one decent tune using a recorder. They seem designed to put you off musical instruments 🙂

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=THgZqTGZRqI[/video]

wwaswas

This is her isn’t it?

I’d cut her some slack on the recorder *for ever* just for contributing this image to the world.

Harry_the_Spider

^ That is another STWer’s kid.

The day after I finalised the deal on buying our 4 bedroom house and a little voice in my head was saying “hang on, you may only need 2”.

It is amazing how your thought processes can work in such a hideous situation. It didn’t really hit me how lucky they both were to come away unscathed until a week or so later. If the midwife hadn’t spotted it and the ICU / SCBU teams hadn’t acted so fast it could have been a different story.

God Bless the NHS!

wwaswas

apologies – thought she was yours 😳

avdave2

Your wife and your daughter have a bit of Henry in them don’t forget, you don’t get tougher and more determined than that.

As for the recorder surely they are banned by the Geneva Convention.

MoreCashThanDash

My lad started on a recorder at that age. Now plays the flute and piccolo at County orchestra standard, and the keyboard and saxophone to a decent level below that. His instruments are insured for about the same as my bikes!

But every day I offer thanks that he never got a violin….

DezB
    Free Member

wwaswas –
    apologies – thought she was yours

IIRC that’s bluearsedfly’s girlie.

paceface

wwaswas

IIRC that’s bluearsedfly’s girlie.

ah, yes. blushes some more.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/not-every-day-your-daughter-meets-the-pm

johndoh
    Free Member

Hah – my girls are 7 and (as they have a great interest in music) my mother in law just yesterday brought up a full sized and very complimicated electronic piano that she had laying around at her house.

They have been finding their way around the pre-recorded rhythms / beats etc and this morning before school it sounded like bloody Phantom of the Opera as they devised a very spectacular bit of ‘interpretive’ dance (ie ‘crap’ dance) to it.

Thanks MIL.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Seven years ago today’ is closed to new replies.