Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Setting up suspension (hoodoo content)
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Right – how do i go about getting the front and rear suspension to behave similarly?
    I want the front and back to feel essentially the same – is this correct or am i barking up the wrong tree??

454 Air pikes and an RP23 on the prophet (weight is 12.5stone) – the rear feels great its the pikes i am finding difficult, either wooden or divey. running 120psi in + and 110psi in the –

RustySpanner

Only if you tell me what shock pump you’re using 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

fox

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

Run more air in the -ve and add some compression damping if thats an option.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Will give that a go, anything else?

RustySpanner

1. Set the front and rear to run with the same amount/percentage sag at each end, depending on travel. Equal travel, equal sag etc.
    (If you’re happy with the rear, set the sag on the front to match).

Initially, set the pos and neg springs to the same pressure.

2. Knock the rebound damping on your fork back to zero (toward the rabbit).
    Keep adding a bit at a time (about half a turn) until the fork rebounds smoothly and doesn’t just bounce back at you like a pogo stick. More damping = smoother/slower rebound, which feels more controlled but might not extend back to full travel in time for the next hit.

3. Tweak the negative air pressure. Increase slightly if you like the fork to feel very active over small stuff/decrease slightly if you prefer less active fork that doesn’t bob as much when climbing out of the saddle.

4. Ask Peter Poddy. He would appear to know a hell of a lot more about fork set up than I do!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

thats great rusty – cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Setting up suspension (hoodoo content)’ is closed to new replies.