• This topic has 27 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by bruk.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • setting up dog grooming business from home what do i need to do ?
  • sig123
    Free Member

hi all setting up a business run from home and im not quite sure what i need to get sorted can anyone help. thanks

spchantler
    Free Member

er, wash lots of dogs, charge their owners?

Edric64
    Free Member

Rabies and tetanus injections ,buy a muzzle, jet wash ,and scissors?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Markie
    Free Member

Insurance.

bearnecessities

You’re looking for some beagle advice?

sig123
    Free Member

lol i meant the other stuff, public liability etc

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

For some reason I thought the Stig had posted. Doh.

Running a business from home: how many visitors? Will you collect the dogs? Do you live in town?

You might need to check with your council. They tend to have guidelines on home businesses that are based on common sense.

You’ll certainly be obliged to tell your home insurance. Probably car / van too. You may need professional insurance (indemnity etc).

Also, its a good idea to run this past your neighbours. If they complain you’re in for a hiding.

#Edit – I’ve no experience of the dog side of things. But as an absolute minuimum – neighbours, house insurance, council.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Not interested in a dial a dog wash franchise? The bloke I use is booked up 5 months in advance

project
    Free Member

Insurance for public and product liability, also for you using a part of your home for a buisness, visitors etc, tripping hazards, parking, lighting signage.

Posible neighbour problems regarding parking

richmars

Posible neighbour problems regarding parking

and barking dog noise.

porter_jamie

Business name? I vote for doggy style or doggy fashion.

project
    Free Member

Doggers. For a buisness name.

wwaswas

You might find it easier to offer a van based service, as above.

I wouldn;t be pleased if my neighbour was getting a dozen dogs a day in their house barkign and whining whilst they were washed.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Local to me is Soggy Doggie …..again booked up months in advance

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You’re gonna need a van

bearnecessities

Business name?

Powerwash Poodle
    Spindry Shitzu
    Dyson Airblade my Dachshund

EDIT: It may be shocking, but I don’t work in marketing.

franksinatra

Pimp My Dog
    Well Trimmed Growler
    Growler Style
    Hound Hair
    Ruff Bitch n’ Dawg

wwaswas

Shampoo and Setter.

Realpoo and Setter.

enfht
    Free Member

Rinse My Bitch.

Royal Bank of Dog Poo.

project
    Free Member

In hoylake, wirral there is a dog wash station,open 24 hours, like a jet wash for cars, you put the dog on the platform and blast it with warm water and then give it a blow dry.

Not big enough to get the bike on though,

franksinatra

Smart my Bitch Up.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Dog grooming? You perverts should be locked up! Seriously, what loophole in the law allows this kind of depravity! You’re looking for names! I have names for you but they would be banworhty!

JRTG
    Free Member

My neighbour did it, invested loads in training and qualifications and setting up an awesome space. She gave up though as the stream of mistreated dogs with blocked ducts etc made her sad. If you can handle this and help the owners fab if not it may be too much as it was for her.

godzilla
    Free Member

Can you actually groom dogs OP?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Business Name

There is only one:

“Doggy Style”

£500 please 😎

binners

Mrs Binners has just suggested doing a cat grooming business too and calling it Wet Pussy

MrsToast
    Free Member

You’ll need a decent website (or at least Facebook page) that shows Before and After shots, so people are reassured you’re not going to leave their dog with a Lionel Blaircut (unless the dog is so matted there’s no other choice). It’s also nice to have testimonials, etc.

Also, make it clear whether you offer just basic grooming (wash/cut/blow dry), or the extras that some groomers offer (anal sac expression, ear plucking, nail trimming).

bruk

Talent. Patience. Very poor sense of smell.

Seriously can be hard work. Very difficult to trim every dog as it should look and deal with the recalcitrant ones.

As a 1 man band it will be tricky making a good deal out of it. Best when you get busy enough to employ somebody else.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘setting up dog grooming business from home what do i need to do ?’ is closed to new replies.