Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Setting up Apple's Mail – incoming mail server?
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Mail is asking for Incoming Mail Server info. I’m not sure what to put in there. Any clues?

The email address is stalls(at)greenfestival(dot)co(dot)uk.

somouk
    Free Member

Whoever provides your email account will be able to tell you that as it depends on where it is hosted.

cakefest
    Free Member

The person who set up the Green Festival email address for me sent this email:

or you can set up an account on the email programme you use to receive your personal email (eg Entourage, Outlook). If you are doing this then enter your email address for Account ID, and enter mail.ukservers.net as your outgoing POP server address. Just enter whatever SMTP address you have for your other accounts (eg for mine it’s mailhost.zen.co.uk as Zen is my ISP) for the Receiving mail box.

BT Business are my ISP.

kcal

ISP (or mail provider) dependent.

e.g. for me with PlusNet it’s — ‘mail.plus.net’ and they provide a handy setup guide — http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/mail-107-setup.shtml

Drac

For which email account as it’s not your ISP if your not using that account?

For your greenfestival email it’ll be down to host that’s email address.

Try here for your host this seems to be it.

http://www.virtualnames.co.uk/faq.php?id=MAILSERVERS

cakefest
    Free Member

Drac, thanks for the tip. That’s got me further and the account has now gone online.

However, Mail keeps giving me:

The POP server ‘mail.ukservers.net’ rejected the password for user ‘stalls’. Enter your password again or cancel.

Each time I type it in, correctly, it rejects it. Grr.

Drac

No problem.

Maybe it’s your username that’s wrong.

…..you can use the email address itself for this. The password will be whatever you set when you created the mailbox.

kcal

it’ll need a .co.uk extension on the email address from the website, too.

cakefest
    Free Member

all sorted. way more complicated than advertisd. thanks for your helps.

Drac

Good to hear you’re sorted.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Setting up Apple's Mail – incoming mail server?’ is closed to new replies.