Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Setting up an email to send at a certain time….is it possible?
  • smogmonster

I havent a Scooby if its possible…i want to send an email at exactly 11pm tonight..its a very specific time (Trans Provence entry form)and so that i dont forget id like to set it to send automatically. I can send from Yahoo, Hotmail oo Googlemail if any of them have this facility..any ideas anyone?

d45yth
    Free Member

I used to have a program on my old Blackberry that could do this, can’t remember what it was called though. Could you not use some kind of schedule or calendar program?
    How could you forget to send it? Type it out now and set your alarm for 22.59. 😕

PJay
    Free Member

Using Microsoft Outlook (I’m using 2007) there’s a delay delivery option in the Options tab which allows a “Do not deliver before” option to be ticked, you can then set a date and time.

I don’t know though whether this holds the email in Outlook’s outbox and so requires the computer to be on and Outlook running, or whether it sends out the email with instructions for the mail server to delay delivery.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Squidlord
    Free Member

It will stay in the outbox until it’s supposed to be sent.
    Bit annoying that the email will have the time it’s written on it, not the time it was sent.

Cougar

TBH, I reckon

Type it out now and set your alarm for 22.59.

… is going to be the most reliable method. I can think of a few ways of doing it, but none that are trivial enough for a one-off mail and robust enough to rely on.

Militant_biker

Google suggests Boomerang for Chrome and Firefox

Details here

Edited in link

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Setting up an email to send at a certain time….is it possible?’ is closed to new replies.