Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • SET2RISE THIS WEEKEND
  • kaskazi
    Free Member

This weekend more than 200 mountain bikers will take on the Set2Rise course at Erlestoke in Wiltshire. The overnight 12 hour event starting at 6pm on Saturday 23rd May and finishing the following morning at 6am offers riders a course with a 7 mile lap – over 50% of which is challenging, winding, great fun singletrack trails through wooded sections on the edge of Salisbury Plain.

220 riders have pre-entered the event so far, from elite solo riders to those who just want the challenge of a night ride with their team mates – with coffee and buns in between laps!

Last year’s winner, Sam Humphrey, sposnsored by the event sponsor, Charge Bikes, will be back in Erlestoke next weekend to defend his solo rider title.

The final Prize fund worth thousands of pounds has just been released, with Charge offering full bikes, frames and saddles, and their associate sponsors offering more prizes from helmets to cleaning kits.

Pre-entries close today but places will also be available for entry on the day. See the website for full details at http://www.spambiking.co.uk

offthebrakes
    Free Member

What are the course conditions looking like at the moment?

armyrider
    Free Member

I’ll be there, best event of the whole season last year!!

c_klein87

Cool 7 miles sounds a good distance, really looking forward to it, weather has been varying over last we days, depending on where I look

rob1984p
    Free Member

Went along last year to help with Sams support and I was really impressed with the event in general and especially the second place solo guy who only had his youngish kid for support. Was a wicked course too even riding it after the race, tired as tired gets. If only one of my potential team mates wasnt on shift this weekend.

phildowling
    Free Member

Raced Solo last year on this event got a 4th SS excellent event definitely worth it if you can make it.

Pauly

I cannae wait! Heard some great things from my team mates who did it last year. See you all there on Saturday morning.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Weather looks good for the weekend 🙂
    See you at the back!

MaxWall
    Free Member

The course is looking great(rode it last night) lovely and dry!! a few soft spots but with the sun shining on us all over the weekend they will soon disappear!! Loads of singletrack and some good climbs.

For those that attended last year, thanks for the great comments, it will be better than ever this year!! Our course designer has done a fantastic job adding in a few tweaks to last years course!!

See you all there, for those looking for a podium finish there are stacks of great prizes from our sponsors charge bikes and their sponsors!!

See you there!!!! 😀

MaxWall
    Free Member

who else is coming????

julianwilson
    Free Member

sponging_machine and fatmuthahubbard (errr, Rich and Carl) off here are on my team too.

It is unlikely we will be troubling the podium.

heathy
    Free Member

Those soft spots have gone now! The course is riding very very quickly indeed. Can’t wait for this, see you all there.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Can’t wait either!

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Any idea if the caterers will be selling anything pasta-based, or will it just be fry-up stuff?

ghislainlambert
    Free Member

I was down to ride but have just got out of hospital after 3 days. bit of an arse.

Hope everyone has a good ride

julianwilson
    Free Member

what pasta for set2rise? I like a good fusilli, me.
    (of course i will be bringing a ridicuous selection of tyres too and then settling for the ones that are already on the bike…)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘SET2RISE THIS WEEKEND’ is closed to new replies.