Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Set up problem, N/W with tesla evo hub…..
  • moniex
    Free Member

just trying to build up my status for the holiday., but having some trouble.

Running xt 10 speed cranks, 10 speed chain and some posh SRAM 10 speed cassette (from a spesh 29 re evo) with a superstar 34t nw chainring, Shimano zee 36 ratio mech.

Wheels are superstar tesla evo hubs….

All seems ok, till you pedal backward and the top of the chain really slacks. Also, when you have it in the stand and get some speed up turning the cranks, when you let go the cranks keep turning.

Same issue when popping in another tesla evo hub wheel, however, better with a hope wheel (cranks stop turning when you let go, so it will freewheel)

Both sets of tesla wheels had minimal use…hope wheels had more use.

Any ideas?

Thanks Simone

scaredypants

I don’t think the chainring is relevant here

Are the freehubs removable/serviceable ?

rickon
    Free Member

Freehub needs a service OR
    Freehub seal has popped out, making the freehub stick OR
    Jockey Wheels are goosed OR
    All of the above

moniex
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips so far.

The wheels have only been used for 5 days in morzine last year (leisurely by a girl), but free hub did come apart when my husband removed the wheel, perhaps he did not put everything back as he should. His own tesla evo wheel (even less use) does the same, the hope evo one doesn’t.

Mech is brand new.

What do the free hub seals look like? Could be the husband not putting hub back together correctly. May try and take it off and take a pic.

Anyone else had this?

Simone

Selled
    Free Member

Yes….

The freehub simply uses a pushfit system to hold it in position, unless it is the older type of Tesla that you need to loosen each side of the hub with an Allen key. Anyway, take the freehub off and inspect the pawls in the hub body (not in the freehub). Any sign of damage to the pawls? Compare each pawl to be sure.

rickon
    Free Member

but free hub did come apart when my husband removed the wheel

Sounds like a seal is not pushed onto the hub to me, and then catching on the freehub. Should push back in with some plastic edged tool, as not to damage the seal.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Set up problem, N/W with tesla evo hub…..’ is closed to new replies.