Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Serving Notice on Tenants
  • easygroove
    Free Member

Looks like i will have to serve notice, i didn't want to, we had hoped that the buyers of our house would keep them on but they cant sort a buy to let mortgage.

What is the best way to serve notice and let them down as nicely as possible. Letter (any examples, any legal or tech wording that has to be included). STW advice appreciated

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

send them a letter with as much notice on as possible.

its not your fault nor your problem at the end of the day.

i have never been served notice but i would like as long as possible to find new digs

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

YOu need to give them legally correct notice. plenty of advice on line. I won't tell you how, but i will say, make sure you get your dates right, because if you get to court with wrong dates, you'll have to start the whole process again..

cynic-al
    Free Member

what Steve said.

Otherwise just be nice about it and let them know asap, keep the legal stuff separate from the "friendly" correspondence and explain that you just need to do stuff by the book.

lister-hooded
    Free Member

If it were my landlady she would probably tell me first that she was going to have to do this.
    We get on well so I know that it would be a verbal explanation at first and then the required legal stuff would be dealt with as required.

As a tennant I have to say I'd like as much notice as possible and not just the legally required minimum.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

And this is why houses shouldn't be "investments", but treated as homes. Why the housing market in this small overcrowded country with its planning laws pandering to nimbys with the money and power should be regulated.

Crap landlords mess with peoples lives. People "playing" at buy to let with just the odd property to make money out of the housing "market", are the precise people for whom property investment should be taxed through the roof, so they can do somehting more "meaningful" with the cash they have to invest.

If you cant invest in housing for the "long haul" in a business type fashion, and are unable to ride out slumps or lifestyle choices, then you shouldn't.

They may only be "tennants". But they're also people. With friends locally, potentially with kids in schools locally, with personal budgets based on travelling a certain distance to work ect.

Gooner
    Free Member

what does your tenancy agreement say?
    that wil tell how and what notice you have to give them

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Serving Notice on Tenants’ is closed to new replies.