Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Servicing Lyriks
  • kwack
    Free Member

Quick question,

Watched the videos, read the service manual, got the parts. How often do you need to do a full service. I was wondering whether I can just do a lower leg and oil change on uppers without taking apart the rest and changing the inner seals on the air shaft?

If I am not losing air are the inner seals change necessary? or can I just do a complete oil change all round

Cheers
    Kwack

LoCo
    Free Member

Full service, guidelines are 200 hours ish.

Lower service every 50 hours ish.

Can do lower service independently of damper oil & air spring.

If you have an air leak you’re best to change all seals in air leg, may as well do the damper at the same time if due.

jam-bo

lowers service takes about 20mins once you know what your doing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scruff
    Free Member

loco, are the Lyrik seals like boxxers which can be changed to foam rings? Is it worth doing to give a little less stiction without compromising dirt ingress?

Northwind

Yah, if you can undo a bolt, wipe your bum, and pour and drink a shot, you can do a rockshox lowers service. Fluid change on the damper isn’t hard either, on a lyrik.

Full service is more involved, I’m a diy’er but I like to get my forks off to someone who knows what they’re doing from time to time because servicing isn’t really just following the instrucions, it’s troublespotting too. Loco (other servicers are available) will spot things you didn’t know about, or thought were just normal.

Superficial
    Free Member

Lower leg service every month or so, when I can be bothered. It makes the forks feel lovely instantly. I generally don’t bother with the damper / spring service unless there’s an obvious problem.

But yeah, you can change the oil on the damper / spring bits without changing all the O rings. Just open the forks via the top caps.

kwack
    Free Member

Got it thanks

I have had the forks about a year so around 150 odd hours at most. So will change lowers and uppers oil..

The service kit is the one that comes with new forks.. does this contain all the seals needed? there are a fair few o-rings in there hence my question whether it is necessary to do the full seal change when I am not losing air.

I guess I dont want to take it all apart to find that the seals I have in the packet arent what I need!!

LoCo
    Free Member

Lyrik & Boxxer seals are the same, you can use foam rings instead of the oil seals but you’ll want to do the lower services more regularly due to extra potential ‘dirt ingress’

Regarding full oil changes, if you’ve got the forks in component parts you may as well change all seals at same time as it’s PITA if you get issues afterwards and have to strip them again to replace a seal 😉

Scamper
    Free Member

Scruff, had mine changed over to foam rings. Perhaps it’s just me, but I always found it difficult to remove the oil/dust seal combo without damaging one or other. Much easier with the foam jobbies.

scruff
    Free Member

Scamper, Im trying some foam rings on my Boxxers first. My DH tyre lever shifts any fork seals 😛

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Servicing Lyriks’ is closed to new replies.