Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Servicing Fox 125R Vanilla Forks – Any Advice?
  • hitman
    Free Member

So, I’ve been quoted £90 for a service on these but thought I may give it a go myself. Anyone tried it, or got any tips? Tried the Fox website but nothing posted, so any help would be much appreciated 🙂

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

There’s a detailed guide here. Not tried it myself but I know other people have recommended it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

it’s straight forward enough. Give it a go. If you need new seals, I use the enduro ones and rate them.

hitman
    Free Member

TNMN
    Massive thanks for that link 🙂
    I’m the most unpractical person in the world but the step -by-step pictoral guide makes me think I may just be able to manage that.
    Any tips on a good torque wrench?

hitman
    Free Member

Onza
    Have you carried out the service yourself?
    Any additional tips?
    Just going to look for the seal kit on-line 🙂

hitman
    Free Member

anyone know if I can use the seals for the 32 kit on the old 125 vanillas?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve serviced my floats a few times now. It is very straight forward. I’ve also cut down the piston rod for the air chamber. I’ve travel adjusted a set of Van 140s for a mate (bit of spring maths went into that one). They’re all really straight forward and the seals are common. I think BETD do the enduro stuff in the UK and CRC might have some kits.

I think the float fluid and fox oil are rebadged Torco products so would be cheaper from a motorbike shop. There’s a chap called peter Ver Done with a web page that compares pretty much all the fork oils out there so you can find something similar if not the same. Just take your time really, don’t rush it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

about half way down this page is a comparison table.

hitman
    Free Member

cheers Onzadog 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Servicing Fox 125R Vanilla Forks – Any Advice?’ is closed to new replies.