Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Servicing brakes – any mechanics or LBS on here do it via post?
  • ibnchris

I think it’s time admit that I’m basically a pretty crap home mechanic. I have two sets of brakes (XT and Avid ultimate) that need bleeding and generally servicing. I had a bleed kit for the avids but lost it when I moved house and was never very good at doing it so thought that rate than buy a new set I’d see how much someone would charge to bleed them for me and check they’re still in good order. I know, unashamedly lazy. Sorry!

Would ask my LBS but its closed down…

schmiken

I can. £20 a pair including postage. Send me an email.

andypandy85
    Free Member

Where are you in the world OP? Surely if there’s someone on here who’s local to you they can show you how to do it for cock all?

Hi there,

We can help out, we are not as cheap as the above but you can be sure of a proffessional service by people with experience.

Our price is £30 per pair of brakes, it would include a strip down of the calipers, rebuild and bleed with fresh oils.

We can either pick them up or you can drop them off if your local to leeds, bradford or you can post them to us and we will post them back at no extra charge.

Feel free to take a look at our website: http://www.cyclefixyorkshire.webs.com

Kind regards, James.

coopersport1
    Free Member

I’d rather poke my own eyes out than bleed Avids but I know schmiken is good!
    The Xt’s however are a piece of P!ss

schmiken

Thanks Si!

extremo
    Free Member

We can do them for £15 per end with return post cost of £10. we are also a professional bike shop with years of experience and also a engineering firm, so we can deal with uncommon problems.
    BETD
    Goldtec
    http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/contactus.asp

pickle
    Free Member

i’ve been seriously thinking of ditching the hydrolics for mechanical ones when they eventually go. gotta be far easier to look after surely? and for XC stuff they have to be just as good??

argoose
    Free Member

Good point pickle, would be interested to hear of any comments fom anyone who has gone down this route

ibnchris

Same, just not sure anyone’s quite there yet…and there isn’t the choice

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Servicing brakes – any mechanics or LBS on here do it via post?’ is closed to new replies.