Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Servicing a Fox Float Shock…..
  • granny_ring

Will be trying the air can service on a shock that's locked down.
    Been told that I'll need to use a rubber strap to undo it, anyone know where i can get one?
    If the bushes need replacing I might try using this
    anyone used one with success?

Thanks in advance

Andy

michaelbowden

Never need a rubber strap, they have always just undone by hand.

retro83
    Free Member

dunno but you need something like an old teatowel to thread through the shock eyelet to stop it shooting off the end

brakes
    Free Member

Yep, you can undo it by hand. If it's a bit slippy wrap an innertube round your hand for grip.
    Be careful! It can go off like a shotgun.

granny_ring

Thanks for replys.
    I spoke to someone at mojo and they said because it was locked down it was unlikely that I'd be able to undo it by hand.
    They mentioned about putting a rag through the eyelets as well!

I'll try some innertube for a start but looking at the service vid on the Fox site they're using a ratchet type rubber strap so wondered if anything like that was about if the innertube thing doesn't work?

Anyone used this bush removing tool? This one

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

It's easy to do, there's some videos on the fox website how to do this and some on youtube, shouldn't need the strap thing as they should just be hand tight, use it to get you started, but you can get them from b&q – boa, think you'll find it in the plumbing section? – I haven't used that tool for the bushes but it's worth getting one as it makes it so much easier.

infradig
    Free Member

The best tip is to remove all the air and compress the shock while the is still in the frame. It's next to impossible to do this once the shock has been removed. I've never had a problem removing the air can by hand, but maybe I've been lucky.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Servicing a Fox Float Shock…..’ is closed to new replies.