• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by st.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Servicing 2006 Marz 66s
  • st

I reckon my 66s need a basic service, the seals all look fine so I was planning on an oil change, stanchion clean etc.

Looking at this guide http://www.pookgai.com/images/2006_marzocchi_service_manuals/2006-66-rc2x.pdf am I right in thinking that they share oil between the top and bottom of the legs (open bath?) rather than having a small quantity of lower leg oil as something like Pikes or Lyriks which I’ve done before?

Anyone serviced these forks and suggest any tips or pitfalls?

Ta.

peachos
    Free Member

they’re open bath so the oil sits at the bottom of the fork and is pushed through the RC2 cart during compression. they’re an absolute doddle to service, you’ll have no problems.

scruff
    Free Member

S’easy if they are Italian stallions. Before you tip the oil out let it settle and measure the oil height to the crown. Those old manuals can be way out with oil volumes so its good to have a double check. Its worth playing with oil levels and weights a bit aswell.

st

Cheers, Al will pick yoom brains more in the pub.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The foot nuts are supposed to be fitted/refitted using an impact wrench. It’s not always the case, but you should expect the possibility that, on attempted removal, one/both nuts will just spin. This can sometimes be overcome by having the fork upside down and getting somebody to compress it while you loosen the footnuts – the inside of the cart is pressed against the inside of the lowers, allowing the nut to be removed. Upon refitting, you may find that you’re unable to tighten a foot nut properly.

Oil is by volume rather than height/level. Check yours here.

scruff
    Free Member

Roofrackstrap twixt arch and crown is good way to compress them on your jack.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

20mm axle is possibly a safer bet than the arch.

st

Ok, my Dad has a cordless impact wrench so will have that handy. Is a silly foot socket needed?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Servicing 2006 Marz 66s’ is closed to new replies.