• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by simmy.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Services on the northern part of the M6 which sell kids wetsuits?
  • geoffj

Bit of a long shot, but I know that one of the services on the northern bit of the M6 sells kids wetsuits in the shop. They are the cheap eBay offerings, but will be perfect for a bit of kayaking I have planned for some friends kids. I’m about 80% sure its the Lancaster services, but can anyone confirm before I try my luck on the phone?

Edit: My friends are travelling up to Scotland from Chester, so it would be handy place to pick a couple up, if I can be sure which services it is.

Ta

the-muffin-man

And the prize for random question of the day goes to………….

……geoffj!

<applause!>

geoffj

<takes a bow/> 😀

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve seen them on the services up there before so can confirm you’re not going mad.

Unfortunately I’ve stopped at nearly every services up that way so can’t say which one it was. Probably Southwaite though as I stop there every time I go North.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I think I’ve seen them at Lancaster. Or maybe Tebay, which is always worth stopping at anyway. Black Pudding scotch egg. mmm….

To be honest, most service stations do in the summer.

geoffj

Probably Southwaite though as I stop there every time I go North.

That’s the other one I thought it might be although its a moto too, so maybe they sell them in both 💡

bigG
    Free Member

If they are stopping in Tebay it would be an absolute sin not to stop at the butchers counter and pick up a roast rib or sirloin joint. Much cheapness and incredible taste. If my friends rocked up at my house without one having stopped at Tebay I’d tell them to turn around and try harder.

maccruiskeen

It certainly, definitely isn’t going to be Tebay.

postierich
    Free Member

Go outdoors just outside Penrith just off the motorway you cannot miss it!

hatter

Drove past Tebay for the first time a few weeks back, thought about stopping as I recognized the name from ST but had plenty of gas in the tanks and a well below capacity bladder so decided to press on to Glasgow.

I now feel like I’ve somewhat let the side down.

geoffj

I called Lancaster and it is them. Go Outdoors at Penrith is the backup option.
    Thanks guys.

PS I must be the only STWer who doesn’t rate Tebay – well the north bound side anyway. I found it dirty and expensive. And I don’t eat most of their pastry, dairy and meat-based offerings anymore 😥

thegreatape
    Free Member

Mrs T can’t remember which but it’s north of the A66, so there can’t be that many between Carlisle and Penrith. It’s they one where she and the kids stopped for a wee if that’s any help.

simmy
    Free Member

I’ve only just seen this thread but it is Lancaster for the wetsuits, I remember thinking ” who buys wetsuits in a service area ” now I know 😉

Regarding Tebay, the farm shop is brilliant but, if you are only after a meal, go to the Truck Stop at J 38, it’s run by the same people and the food is just as good but cheaper.

Think I paid £16 for chilli con carne, half rice / chips, peas, veg and and drink for two of us. Not bad for services.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Services on the northern part of the M6 which sell kids wetsuits?’ is closed to new replies.