Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • serviced my own Fox forks – puzzled!
  • trickpsyclist
    Free Member

i have just finished servicing my old Fox RLC 100 forks (circa 2004)
    beforehand i had looked on various websites/youtube clips etc to check i wasn’t going to make a compete balls of it.

a few queries:
    most youtube clips suggest just 20mls of fox green fluid each side, but the fox website states 155mls for my forks on damper side and 20 the other. having gone with the fox site, the forks now seem much heavier than i remember them being and so i now doubt the volumes.
    secondly, does red and green 10wt oil differ much? i have used red, but some websites suggest green.

and finally is float fluid necessary on the air side?

any advice welcomed.

mtbfix

Are these volumes going in the uppers or lowers?

trickpsyclist
    Free Member

lowers

andyl
    Free Member

Looking here I guess your’s are the first row: http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/Content/Service/oil_volumes.htm

So the fox are an open damper using the leg lube as the damper fluid?

As for red and green yes it does matter. Not all 10wt, 5wt, 20wt etc etc are the same viscosity wise. With fox there may also be a difference in terms of lubrication if you must use fox oil not general damper fluids.

mudmonster
    Free Member

If they are open bath then 155mls sounds correct, maybe there was insufficient oil in there when you got them. I used oil from motorbike shops but ended up using Torco RSF medium. The oil in the other side is just to lubricate the bushing so I used to use a bit more than stated.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘serviced my own Fox forks – puzzled!’ is closed to new replies.