Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Service / bearing replacement on 20mm hub
  • simonbea
    Free Member

I’ve got a front wheel with a ‘scott components’ 20mm hub (On a ransom 40.)I’ve noticed it’s developed a little play which I think is the bearings. I’ve watched some clips of people knocking out the bearings from the opposite side of the hub but on mine there is an aluminium(?) sleeves in the centre which means I can’t do that with it in place. Can anyone offer some advice into what holds the sleeve and how I should remove it? Thought I best ask before I start hitting anything.

Photo below, thanks

danielgroves
    Free Member

Thought I best ask before I start hitting anything.

How boring! Proper men hit things with hammers first, and ask questions later 😀

stevieeeh
    Free Member

Just hit it. One side of the axle should be flanged and will knock one of the bearings out. Then flip the axle around and knock the other side out. Spray it in WD40 first though if it’s old (you’ll be throwing the bearings away any way).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simonbea
    Free Member

I shall give the hammer a go then and I’m assuming once out I’m going to be able to find replacement bearings somewhere. Thanks

stevieeeh
    Free Member

A mallet should be. Just put the codes on the side of the bearings into here – http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/
    And away you go…

simonbea
    Free Member

Just for completeness incase anyone else has the query. The sleeve has a cill at each end that sits against the bearing so you hit the sleeve from one side pushing out the first bearing, the second can then be hit form the other side. Bearings are 6805 – 2RS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Service / bearing replacement on 20mm hub’ is closed to new replies.