Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Seriously, when is this **** going to end?
  • chojin
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35685981

It’s actually unbelievable. I despair, I really do.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can it end, there will always be **** ups.
    Also at least post something more than a link

jimjam
    Free Member

Shortly after a large asteroid hits earth. Hope this helps.

chojin
    Free Member

I’m afraid I don’t have the words to describe how I feel about it.

A Jihadi beheading of a toddler? What exactly do you want me to say?

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

Humans hurting humans will never end, doing it in the name of others or legends, thats not going to end either.

Humans suck, they blame each other for the ills of the world, and generally the last person we look at to improve the world is the one staring back in the mirror.

Humans are a destructive selfish species by default, we wouldn’t be where we are in the food chain if we weren’t. As a result this sense of entitlement will be abused – it sucks, but it’s not going to change anytime soon.

Edit: The above does not take away from the outrage I have at taking another life, let alone a toddler who has no idea of ideology let alone tries to fight against it. What I typed above does not justify what appears to have happened

molgrips
    Free Member

It won’t end. People will always be insane.

That ^^ is not symptomatic of any kind of deficit in humanity though – she’s clearly broken in the head.

binners

All I got from reading it was that a seriously mentally ill person did something that unfortunately, seriously mentally ill people do from time to time.

But people don’t want to read that. They want to feed this narrative about a clash of civilisations, or whatever. As we don’t like acknowledging mental illness, as then we might have to address the problem

chojin
    Free Member

It’s the collective insanity of extremists that worries me. It appears there is no level they won’t stoop to just to get their message across.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh crap. I agree with binners.

jimjam
    Free Member

Wait, hang on. Did a brown person do this? A muslamic?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’s the collective insanity of extremists

An extremist not thinking like most people? Hold the phone, this is news.

aracer
    Free Member

I also agree with binners, but I’m more comfortable with that than flashy. Doubtless the media will portray this as an Islamic thing though.

grahamt1980

Let’s be honest this stuff has been going on since any of our ancestors could pick up something and beat others to death. We actually live in far safer times yet because of 24 hour media is just that we know about these things when they happen.
    This doesn’t reduce the fact that a poor little girl has been killed but people need to grasp the real level of risk in the world.

spawnofyorkshire

Binners has it on this one

This is horrific, one of those things you read and go empty inside.
    As above it will be portrayed as an islamic thing, but really it is a mental health issue (as is most forms of extremism in my view, islamic or christian)

andybrad

yup agree with binners……

binners

I’m feeling very uncomfortable about all this agreement thing. Is it to late to withdraw my comment and replace it with a diatribe on the inhumanity of muslamics?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I also agree with, Binners. Greggs is better than M&S.

…also about the OP’s link.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Given how the mainstream western religions have treated people be glad nobody burnt them at the stake.

Northwind

If she said that some other god or her bedside lamp told her to do it, that would just be one of those things but if she says it was allah then she’s a jihadist and part of some bigger scheme. Jesus told Vanessa Soliz to drown her baby, the Archangel Michael told Levi Staver to kill his grandma, Robert Dear was doing “God’s Work” murdered 3 in Colorado Springs, but they’re not all lumped into an evil christian army…

It’s an incredibly awful thing as it is, no reason to imagine it’s worse

yunki
    Free Member

aside from chojin’s blatant ignorance and xenophobia, have we not considered the idea that it might just have been a really annoying kid?

fin25
    Free Member

Seriously, when is this **** going to end?

What, mental illness and infant murder?
    What’s your suggestion OP?

soobalias
    Free Member

i might agree with binners, but i dont know how that makes me feel
    i likely agree with yunki too.

*late stage manflu, all views temporary*

binners

have we not considered the idea that it might just have been a really annoying kid?

A very valid point

hammyuk
    Free Member

Nor religion?
    Bugger – I was going to use the “my god’s got a hammer and yours was nailed to a cross” line….
    Well either that or “Odin promised an end to Ice Giants – you don’t see any of those do you” 😆

chojin
    Free Member

yunki – Member

aside from chojin’s blatant ignorance and xenophobia, have we not considered the idea that it might just have been a really annoying kid?

Ok, i’ll bite.

Can you tell me exactly which part of my comment was Xenophobic? I don’t remember saying or indeed feeling anything of the kind.
    And how sick do you have to be to make fun of the 3 year old that lost his life due to a nut job?

For the record, I 99% agree with Binners too. It would appear that according to you Yunki, I’m not allowed to be utterly disgusted by such an act? Tell me, should I just dismiss the beheading of a toddler as trivial like you do?

Maybe I should, at least that way I might gain favour with the forum regulars.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Yunki is just being edgy. I wouldn’t take it too seriously.

kimbers

You did ask a pointless rhetorical question

Presumably in the hope that this thread would turn into a hate fuelled circlejerk

Or did you just come here looking for an argument?

chojin
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

You did ask a pointless rhetorical question

Presumably in the hope that this thread would turn into a hate fuelled circlejerk

Or did you just come here looking for an argument?

Hello forum regular, presumably looking for kudos by trying to join in with the masses.

My original post was to vent at the injustice of the murder of a toddler.

Obviously this kind of empathy doesn’t fly around these parts. Note to self: To become a big hitter, I must become a heartless twunt.

Edit especially for kimbers:

kimbers

My original post was to vent at the injustice of the murder of a toddler.

Yeah then you started going on about extremists trying to get their message across

But in my search for forum kudos I obviously did miss the point

yunki
    Free Member

ok then chojin..

Firstly, I’ll make sick jokes about whatever I want.. If you had toddlers yourself you would understand this 🙂

I’m not being edgy..

you are being xenophobic to equate this with Islam
    you are ignorant because you are unaware of that fact..

It really is that simple.. The woman that committed this crime is very mentally ill.. that’s all

monde
    Free Member

Video is on Liveleak (not that you want to watch it) and news reports stating that apparently she has found out her husband had cheated on her. After burning down the house she had the head in a bag but was stopped by the tube station and asked for papers. Only then did she pull the head out and start preaching.

Obviously mentally ill and hiding behind religion in her own mind to justify what she has done.

jimjam
    Free Member

monde

Video is on Liveleak (not that you want to watch it) and news reports stating that apparently she has found out her husband had cheated on her. After burning down the house she had the head in a bag but was stopped by the tube station and asked for papers. Only then did she pull the head out and start preaching.

Obviously mentally ill and hiding behind religion in her own mind to justify what she has done.

Is she hot? Going the hot/crazy scale she must be a 10.

MSP

I wonder if the religion at that point was an attempt at suicide by cop.

bencooper
    Free Member

“When is this going to end” also has religious connotations about it – the idea of the fall from grace, that the world is getting worse and worse until the apocalypse.

Whereas even the briefest study of history will tell you that pretty much the opposite has happened.

It’s a horrific, unthinkable thing to happen, but it’s also very, very rare.

chojin
    Free Member

yunki – Member

ok then chojin..

Firstly, I’ll make sick jokes about whatever I want.. If you had toddlers yourself you would understand this

I’m not being edgy..

The woman that committed this crime is very mentally ill.. that’s all

I’m afraid you misunderstand Yunki. Quite massively so – Maybe you were reading the idiotic comments below the OP and jumped on the idiot bandwagon, but at no point did I relate this to Islam. So please read what I said again and tell me exactly where I equated it to Islam and let me know.

I think you’ll find there were some massive assumptions made on your part.

retro83
    Free Member

yunki – Member

ok then chojin..

Firstly, I’ll make sick jokes about whatever I want.. If you had toddlers yourself you would understand this

I’m not being edgy..

It really is that simple.. The woman that committed this crime is very mentally ill.. that’s all

I read that article this morning, the only facts presented then were:

[list][*]The woman was wearing Islamic garb[/*]
    [*]shouted “allahu akhbar” & “I am your death”[/*]
    [*]she was carrying a toddler’s decapitated head. [/*][/list]

Not exactly dissimilar to what we’ve seen in other Islamist incidents is it? So assuming it’s another case of a muslamic raygun acting like a complete dick is not exactly unreasonable. It might be wrong, but was not unreasonable.

There’s really no need to be acting like a big swinging ballbag calling out somebody as xenophobic or ignorant over it anyway IMHO.

yunki
    Free Member

So please read what I said again and tell me exactly where I equated it to Islam and let me know.

the collective insanity of extremists that worries me. It appears there is no level they won’t stoop to just to get their message across.

are you ok?
    maybe you should talk to a grown up?

MoreCashThanDash

I’m agreeing with binners and yunki – I may need to get the GP to increase my medication.

This sounds like the actions of a mentally unstable person. If – and it’s only an if – she felt that she was doing this for religious reasons, then I would suggest that her illness has been exploited by others.

Be grateful we aren’t living in the UK 300-400 years ago, we might have been busy burning each other at the stake for our conflicting views on wheel sizes.

I’m also very distrustful of any stories coming from any official or unofficial Russian sources as to what she said, did or believed. They have their own agenda in that part of the world.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Just to even the teams up, I’ll agree with the OP.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Oh crap. I agree with binners.

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Seriously, when is this **** going to end?’ is closed to new replies.