Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Seriously! Some people really
  • tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Just flicking through the news and saw this

Beggars belief

Crunchy nuts or Porridge?

Speshpaul

Should she be eating with 2 hands whilst driving, er no.
    But who died and made him Judge Dredd?

“I’ve got a camera now I need to film something terrible.”

GrahamS

Sadly it’s not even the first time I’ve heard of people doing this:
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/transport/video-anger-as-driver-eats-bowl-of-cereal-1-3167557

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrchrispy

its okay she didnt kill anyone.
    much the same way I’m allowed to run around town with a shotgun randomly firing it, as long as I dont hit anyone its okay.

that is right isnt it?

GrahamS

You don’t think this sort of behaviour should be challenged??

I wouldn’t be terribly happy to be sharing the road with someone half-driving a sodding great Land Rover whilst tucking into their Bran Flakes.

stumpy01

I had a go at a woman once who was reading a novel while stuck in traffic. We were stuck because there’d been an accident at the Girton Interchange on the A14 (crap junction at the best of time) and the traffic updates were reporting of two further crashes in the subsequent queue.
    She was in the lane next to me & I watched her almost crash into the car in front several times before having enough of it, tooted at her and asked her why we were stuck in the first place & whether it was a good idea to crash into the car in front?

In fairness, she did stop reading the book.

In that vid ^^^ the cyclist should have got the vehicle in front to do an emergency stop, which would have ended up with the woman depositing milk all over the upholstery of her LR.

D0NK

I saw a woman applying her makeup as she was driving down salford crescent yesterday, I may have shouted some naughty words at her.

I overtook a car on the M4 last night.

The driver was bottle feeding a baby.

binners

Shouting at women in Salford Crescent Donk? Thats a high risk activity

pictonroad

I overtook a car on the M4 last night.

The driver was bottle feeding a baby.

😯 You sure it wasn’t left hand drive?

I have a left hand drive car, been beeped and reprimanded a few times for the ‘driver’ having a foot on the dashboard, drinking beer, taking photos etc…

D0NK

Shouting at women in Salford Crescent Donk? Thats a high risk activity

also seen a lady passenger very closely inspecting the lap of a gentleman driver on the crescent too.

brooess
    Free Member

People are this stupid, yes. Worth bearing in mind when riding and driving…

You sure it wasn’t left hand drive?

Well the baby was being held by the “passenger”, and one of them must have been steering the car!

Gary_M
    Free Member

its okay she didnt kill anyone.

If she did would she have been a cereal killer?

DezB
    Free Member

“I’ve got a camera now I need to film something terrible.”

That’s the main issue you pick up from the video eh? Brilliant.

If she did would she have been a cereal killer?

Likes! 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

The issue is she cannot eat without having no hands on the wheel and clearly its a bad and stupid thing to do
    no amount of makeup will stop you being but ugly?

GrahamS

The road.cc coverage says that:

Surrey Police have messaged Mr Williams to say an officer will be in touch for the footage and to identify the woman.

A Surrey Police spokeswoman said: “Police will be looking in to it a lot more. Surrey Road Cops will also tweet back to the poster with something of that affect so people can see police will look into it.”

So that’s good at least. Hopefully that’ll give her a wake-up call before she kills someone. Or ruins her upholstery.

martinhutch

Needs to sort his brakes out though. What a racket!

DezB
    Free Member

no amount of makeup will stop you being but ugly?

Preceeded by “Forsooth, withered hag!”

GrahamS

Perhaps unsurprisingly the YouTube comments on that video come out around 50/50 for who is in the wrong here 😯

Typical cyclist douche. Heaven forbid this woman eat her cereal during long traffic. She should have run you over.

She’s in a traffic jam. Nothing she is doing is dangerous. Anyone who considers this dangerous is an idiot.

Charge the cycle Nazi with aggressive and threatening behavior. Bloody bully

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t read the comments!! 😆

johndoh
    Free Member

I saw someone on the M1 just outside Leeds in a car that was so close to the van in front that I thought it was being towed on one of those solid tow bars like the AA use.

He wasn’t being towed and he was shaving.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Every time i see this I struggle to figure out the logistics of how people would even manage to get into this situation.

I think i’d struggle to get into the car without spilling milk all over myself. Even the passenger seat slopes, so I couldn’t put a bowl there without the bare minimum of milk in, which risks a horrendous “dry cereal” scenario. Obviously the lap is an option, but a high risk one due to dubious spillage stains.
    Has she prepared the cereal once in the car with milk from the glove box?
    Did someone hand it to her once driving?
    Maybe 4×4’s come with a cereal bowl holder??

imnotverygood

Can’t help wondering what she is going to do if the traffic speeds up a bit. You are either going to end up with the milk splashed onto your lap or seeping into the carpet.

obelix
    Free Member

I wonder if there will be a delay as he edits out all of the red lights he ran through before handing the video over to the police?

GrahamS

I was thinking the same thing Horatio. At what point do you decide that this is the best way to have breakfast?

If you’re really that pushed for time wouldn’t a sane person grab a roll, muffin, croissant, sandwich, slice of toast or some other breakfast option which you could conceivably eat with one hand in a relatively safe manner.

How do you get to the point where you are backing the car out the drive while precariously balancing a full bowl of cereal on your knees without thinking “Hang on… this is a ******** stupid idea”??

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Must admit I’ve eaten cereals whilst driving a car before.

They were ground up in a coffee grinder and mixed with milk & protein powder inside a shaker bottle thingummy, so only half of me is going straight to hell.

Cereals from a bowl with a spoon is a whole new level of dumbfarkery.

taxi25
    Free Member

I’m fully aware of how the law regarding being in “control of a vehicle” can be interpreted so the woman was definitely leaving herself open to prosecution. But as far as I could see she wasn’t actually moving when the cyclist challenged her. She might have had the bowl on her lap but only ate from it whilst stationery. A bit daft maybe but not necessarily dangerous.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

How do you get to the point where you are backing the car out the drive while precariously balancing a full bowl of cereal on your knees without thinking “Hang on… this is a ******** stupid idea”??

its a land rover, might have a refrigerated glove box so the milk might have been in there 😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Jebus – why does he think he’s a traffic cop? I’d like to see him do an emergency stop with brakes that oiled-up.

This crap only makes matters worse……

Yeah, it’s out of line, and yes he probably should say something, but to up the video publicly is a bad move IMHO.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

But as far as I could see she wasn’t actually moving when the cyclist challenged her.

Yes, but she must have got in to that position somehow, and where did she put the cereal until then such that milk wouldn’t spill anywhere??

I really don’t think you can control a car properly if half your concentration is on a bowl of cereal balancing in your lap.

thomthumb
    Free Member

backing the car out the drive

whoa whoa whoa, is that legal?

nickc

Ahhh, it’s Surrey…

Kahurangi

I think you’ll find it’s supposed to be

Who made you Judge Judy and Executioner?

imnotverygood

While you can argue that at the moment she is challenged she isn’t doing anything dangerous, treating your car as an extension of your domestic space isn’t a great attitude to have. I’d hazard a guess that she isn’t a great driver based on what the video shows, so why not nab her now before she kills someone while she is labouring under the misapprehension that she is sitting in her kitchen.

jonba
    Free Member

Which is why you don’t see this kind of thing in Newcastle as its always Greggs for breakfast.

GrahamS

This crap only makes matters worse……

Really? I don’t think many people will watch that video and think “Of course, I could save time by having my cereal in the car. Why didn’t I think of that before?” 😀

GrahamS

to up the video publicly is a bad move IMHO.

Do you think anything would have happened if he hadn’t done that?

This way the police can deal with her and the resulting publicity gives other drivers doing the same thing a suitable warning.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I think it increases tensions and reinforces the division between car drivers and cyclists.

He could have simply handed the video to the police. Did he do that first?

GrahamS

He could have simply handed the video to the police.

He could have. Then, at the very best, she would have been quietly dealt with and no one would know.

Doing it publicly raises awareness and might make other drivers change their habits.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Seriously! Some people really’ is closed to new replies.