• This topic has 22 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Seriously, my tv license pays for this???
  • piemann
    Free Member

Posted up in a shop in North Manchester (Moston)

I really, really wish this sort of reality car crash-type tv would just die already.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well, I object to my license fee paying for news and current affairs problems, because I think it’s all crap. Doesn’t make me any more or less right than you though. 😛

wallace1492
    Free Member

Dam, you covered up the number…. I am sure plenty from here would be phoning up to join… Free holiday in Morzine anyone?

benslow
    Free Member

Grot tv – hate it.

RustySpanner

I’m from Moston.
    Which shop?

Should have put the sign up in the Bricklayers, they’d have been innundated.

titusrider
    Free Member

I bet it was in Greggs 🙂

wwaswas

I take the view that the Licence fee covers me only for the stuff I watch and listen to.

If other people watch other stuff then that’s what they pay for rather than me.

I don’t get cross then 😉

piemann
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    I take the view that the Licence fee covers me only for the stuff I watch and listen to.

If other people watch other stuff then that’s what they pay for rather than me.

I don’t get cross then

POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Except, I pay a license fee and get virtually nothing of interest to watch in return, whereas cr*p like this is legion.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Erm, has anyone got the contact number? 😀

binners

BBC3. The ITV of public service broadcasting.

Anyway… looks like I could get a free holiday out of this. And get to see Kylie, Brad, Angelina and Chardonnay. Result!

wwaswas

get virtually nothing of interest to watch in return

Across all the news & current affairs, comedy, drama, sport, documentaries, historical material on the TV Plus *loads* of radio stations broadcasting 24/7 and all of it being available on watch/listen again you can’t find a 80p a days worth of value from the BBC?

I’m surprised.

patriotpro
    Free Member

It pays for that and the other tv channels and the radio channels and the iplayer and the one big weekender.

How dare they cater for all tastes. 😉

lemonysam
    Free Member

Except, I pay a license fee and get virtually nothing of interest to watch in return, whereas cr*p like this is legion cheap.

CountZero

Except, I pay a license fee and get virtually nothing of interest to watch in return, whereas cr*p like this is legion.

Guess you’re the loser then, there’s lots that I watch, and none of it’s this sort of crap.

andrewh
    Free Member

I pay a license fee and get virtually nothing of interest to watch in return, whereas cr*p like this is legion.

Don’t pay it then. If there’s nothing you to watch get rid of the telly and go and do something else.
    I didn’t have one for three years and didn’t miss it all (still wouldn’t have one if it wasn’t for the other people in the house) I listen to the radio a lot which is paid for by the licence fees of people who watch the rubbish in the OP 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 for not having a TV. Didn’t have one for 18 months last coupld of years, didn’t miss it. Did listen to the radio though, a lot!

mt
    Free Member

its not paid for out of the BBC telly tax, it will paid for out of the Top Gear profits. The telly tax goes on paying for taxi’s in London and moving staff to Salford.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The BBC is supposed to be there to produce the high-quality programming that other stations won’t. This dross could easily be a product of Channels Four or Five, or any other of the ITV daytime drooler channels.

If this sort of behaviour is glamourised, won’t we simply get more of it?

bwaarp
    Free Member

Just download/stream what you like to watch over the net. No need for a tv license or cable unless you are into sports – then you can just nip to the pub to watch if you really have to.

cynic-al
    Free Member

stw in “holier than thou” SHOCKER

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Worse still it pays for that garbage mrs brows boys. It takes drivel to a new level.

kimbers

stevewhyte – Member
    Worse still it pays for that garbage mrs brows boys. It takes drivel to a new level.

+1

Drac

I see your Mrs Brown’s boys and raise you Miranda.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Seriously, my tv license pays for this???’ is closed to new replies.