Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Seriously, is OK to ride a sportive whilst on Lemsip Max?
  • Kryton57

Not a joke – and I mean the non caffeine type pill as I’ll be taking caffeine gels.

I’m doing everything I can to get rid of this racking cough as I really don’t want to miss Monday’s sportive as I’ve dragged 2 mates along also.

Just want make sure there’s nothing that’ll happen to cause others and inconvenience during the event.

jameso

doper!

)

Try Vicks first defence, I’m sure that has something ban-able in it.. adds a bit of pep to a ride for sure.

scaredypants

it’s not whetehr you should ride while taking (correct doses of) the stuff – it won’t do you any harm; it’s whether you should ride whilst ill

nickc

you’ll fail the urine test 😆

Kryton57

scaredypants – Member
    it’s not whetehr you should ride while taking (correct doses of) the stuff – it won’t do you any harm; it’s whether you should ride whilst ill

I know, but I don’t want to let my self or my mates down, and I’ve been geared up for weeks to do it.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Seriously, riding a sportive whilst on Lemsip Max? WILL I DIE?!!??!?!?!?!??!?!?

FTFY

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

When I raced seriously and was subject to doping controls, one of the Lemsip range was on thre banned list for a while. (Talking 20 years ago here).

Sandwich

A bout of pneumonia may not be a good start to April. I wouldn’t ride if it is very cold but I get bronchitis easily too,

stufive
    Free Member

Depends how ill you are i would say, i know i can ride with a cold but wouldnt do it if i had manflu or worse, itl only drag on if you dont rest

butcher

I was reading some study the other week where they gave a cold to 50% of the participants and tested them all on their performance. It turned out those with cold showed no drop in performance when tested. And their feelings of tiredness didn’t correspond to the actual output, which was as normal.

That was on the internet though. And I’m sure a cough can’t be ideal. So I don’t know.

TiRed

Upper Respiratory Tract infection? I’d ride but take it pretty easy – your excuse for a Bronze with your mates 😉

Lower Respiratory Tract infection? No way.

Breath out hard. Do you have a wheeze and a productive cough? If so, you won’t be riding.

Kryton57

Lower Respiratory Tract infection? No way.

Breath out hard. Do you have a wheeze and a productive cough? If so, you won’t be riding.

This does happen, but apart from some slight muscular tiredness and a tickly throat I have no other symptoms?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

So, you’re actually serious?

🙂

TiRed

Stay at home. There are plenty of sportives. I raced with an very mild URT this morning no problem (other than a bit tired and the usual poor form). I had a series of LRTs including flu over the winter, and riding (other than slooooow commuting) was not an option. For flu I had three weeks off from cycling completely.

Suggsey
    Free Member

See how you feel on the day, tell your mates beforehand that you may not be able to ride but will be there to help/support. I thought Sportives were meant to be a pleasurable experience and not a race!!
    If it were me I would ride it well within my abilities and not push mself enjoy the scenery and chatting to other slower riders.
    Pride comes before a fall!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I raced with an very mild URT this morning

This is an example of a severe URT.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Seriously, is OK to ride a sportive whilst on Lemsip Max?’ is closed to new replies.