Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 200 total)
  • Seriously do people dislike Tesco this much ?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

I wrote a stern letter to Waitrose once.

kimbers

some people obviously do

donsimon
    Free Member

That’s Bristol for you! Never a dull moment.

Coyote
    Free Member

I love Asda me, I do.

steffybhoy
    Free Member

When this Country goes to war, and the masses clear out the shelves of tesco, asda etc. Where will the masses then get their food?
    Farms? that have been depleted by insulting offers from the large supermarkets?
    Or will the boats full of imported food still be able to find a way ashore when our ports have been wiped out?

coogan
    Free Member

Horrible company in my opinion. Huge profits, pay staff f*ck all.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont dislike them that much but i dont like them and dont shop there around the MCdonalds or possibly th Murdoch mark on the Nestle scale of bastards IMHO.

donsimon
    Free Member

Horrible company in my opinion. Huge profits, pay staff f*ck all.

How does that fit with the objectives of the company? Who gives them the huge profits? And finally why do they give them those huge profits?

samuri
    Free Member

Seriously do people dislike Tesco this much ?

Not really. If your question was “Seriously, are we creating a country filled with idiots and deadheads?

Then the answer would be “Yes”

Kevevs
    Free Member
    Junkyard
    Free Member

Has someone stolen your log in today DS you seem quite contrary you OK? Missing TSY already?

user-removed
    Free Member

I only dislike them for the same reasons as Bill Bryson dislikes them – the ongoing homogenisation of every village, town and city in the country – I like to see small businesses doing well, quite apart from the aesthetic effect on our high streets.

In the case above, the local residents just didn’t want their street to look the same as every other. In the short clip I saw on the news, it looked like there were a good few independent, small shops and businesses in the street, with all the quirks and character you’d expect and hope for.

donsimon
    Free Member

Quite obvious questions Junky, no? There are two sides to every argument and I often see the “where can I buy product X cheapest?” threads, and now we’re seeing the consequences of that question. I am also lucky enough to work closely with some directors of an important supermarket chain and get a different perspective there.

Nick

Tesco, Muslims, Petrol prices, Facists, Pediatritians etc, **** just need someone to vent their spleens at.

What we need is a good old fashioned war.

ourmaninthenorth

31 years is as good an anniversary as any for Bristolians and the police to have a rematch of St Pauls.

Kevevs
    Free Member

user unremoved with too many cylinders. what d’you reckon? interesting nick. that is at least, real.

Nick

I am also lucky enough to work closely with some directors of an important supermarket chain and get a different perspective there.

‘Important’ lol, lucky? pmsl. I’m “lucky” enough to be friends with someone who works with a rumbustinous supermarket chain and I hear their perspective, which is generally the corporate bullshit that they have been fed, and I continually take the piss out of them too.

kimbers

actually i nearly hada run in at sainsburys

they tried to charge us 50 quid for parking

after id spent 70quid on shopping then fed our baby and bought lunch in their cafe and i have bust foot so move slowly

to be fair i was ready to go balistic but they just said err yeah ok and let us off the charge

user-removed
    Free Member

I’m a small business owner 😀

But I don’t have a shop front and noticed the way our high streets were changing long before I read any Bill Bryson… Also accepted it though – I often get bottles of cheap wine from Tescos 😳

Oh wait – you’ve edited your post kevevs – and I’ve no idea what it means?! And it makes my reply look nonsensical too 🙁

samuri
    Free Member

Try working for ASDA (Walmart). Group hugs (and like you I work in IT so that’s Unix guys,,,, GAG!), american policies (work to death – WHY DON’T YOU DO THIS?), and in Leeds we all got mugged for our laptops so the company said “If soome one tries to take your ASDA laptop away from you, try hitting them with the laptop.”

donsimon
    Free Member

‘Important’ lol, lucky? pmsl. I’m “lucky” enough to be friends with someone who works with a rumbustinous supermarket chain and I hear their perspective, which is generally the corporate bullshit that they have been fed, and I continually take the piss out of them too.

I’d say that the second largest retailer in the world is important and that being able to listen to some of their directors talking is quite interesting, especially as one of the directors lectures on MBA courses, and yes that makes me lucky beacause I don’t pay MBA fees. But don’t let that stop you having a good laugh, I’m sure you could teach these guys a thing or two about running a business. Pass me your details and I’ll put you in touch.

coogan
    Free Member

How does that fit with the objectives of the company? Who gives them the huge profits? And finally why do they give them those huge profits?

Horrible company. No more explanation required.

donsimon
    Free Member

Horrible company. No more explanation required.

That’s possibly the most convincing argument yet and you’ve removed something from the first attempt. You don’t undersatnd what a company is, do you?

smell_it
    Free Member

It’s not just Tesco, it’s all the big supermarkets; I thought it was tight that the supplier has to shoulder the cost of a buy one get one free offer, but then when I learnt that the supplier also has to pay a ‘compensation’ fee to supermarket on the grounds that the BOGOF offer will cause a (nonexistent) drop in foot fall through the door, I really realised what tossers they are. Although I tend to show my displeasure with them by shopping local.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Not that keen, although I do shop there occasionally. Can’t say I’d be motivated to petrol bomb one though.

I’d say that the second largest retailer in the world is important and that being able to listen to some of their directors talking is quite interesting

Not that important to me, and I’d probably be falling asleep during that conversation. Equally, I’m sure there are things I find fascinating that would bore you to tears.

Junkyard
    Free Member

thing is running a business is solely about maximising profits sometimes the wider community objects to this and do stuff like this. I assume they lecture on marketting and making the company look nice etc. Sometimes the veeners cracks and the people realise the company does not give a shit about anything but money. Tesco are hardly alone in this as there is a long tradition of companies doing various things , of varying degrees of dubious legality and morality, to maximise profits.
    Do i blame the customers or the store bit of both but I bet they dont make all there internal policies and tactics known to thier customer base.

You don’t undersatnd what a company is, do you? [/Quote]
    I suspect they do know as it is hardly a connudrum or do we need a MBA to be sure?

andyl
    Free Member

I did wonder if Hugh was there coercing everyone into attacking Tesco.

Apparently it started off as an eviction and I have seen 1st hand from not too far away near my flat what happens when an evictions happens in Brizzle. The Police have to go in force as squatters/floppy haired dirty scruffy people seem to appear from all angles to support the squatters being evicted and a small eviction can turn nasty very quickly.

as for this:

That is disgraceful. But all you have to do is lose your ticket and buy something in sainsbuys to get the charge down to £5 as they seem to have made a mistake there.

coogan
    Free Member

That’s possibly the most convincing argument yet and you’ve removed something from the first attempt. You don’t undersatnd what a company is, do you?

I understand well enough. And I stand by what I said. I am allowed an opinion you know.

user-removed
    Free Member

Apparently it started off as an eviction

Well, Tescos someone wasn’t happy with a squat full of Tesco demonstrators in the immediate locality, and tipped off the cops that the place was full of petrol bombs (totally unconfirmed as yet), so the police turned up to check it out.

rondo101
    Free Member

No, it’s just that stokes croft is full of hippies. There’s been a long-running protest about opening tesco in bristol’s self-styled cultural quarter. The yoghurt-weaving dreadlocked inhabitants of this notably shitty part of bristol feel that doing so would lead to the abandoned buildings they treasure so dearly being used as something other than a toilet for the local dogs or a squat for them to procure ketemine.

andyl
    Free Member

ahh yes there was the petrol bomb claim.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’d say that the second largest retailer in the world is important and that being able to listen to some of their directors talking is quite interesting

Not that important to me, and I’d probably be falling asleep during that conversation. Equally, I’m sure there are things I find fascinating that would bore you to tears.
    Sorry for wasting your time.

I suspect they do know as it is hardly a connudrum or do we need a MBA to be sure?

I completely agree, and if you look through the search function you’ll see I got castigated for calling MBA students stupid or limited or something, but coogan’s compelling and convincing argument forced me to ask the question as I got the impression that he/she thinks that company has to satisfy the customer’s needs, and that this is the root of his/her dissatisfaction.

aracer
    Free Member

they tried to charge us 50 quid for parking

Silly pricing policy though – at worst you would have had to pay £5, not £50, unless you’re incapable of losing something.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Sorry for wasting your time.

Fair enough. Can you apologise to the guy who was laughing at you too please? He might be quite upset, or start taking himself a bit too seriously. Which would be worse, clearly 😉

coogan
    Free Member

I completely agree, and if you look through the search function you’ll see I got castigated for calling MBA students stupid or limited or something, but coogan’s compelling and convincing argument forced me to ask the question as I got the impression that he/she thinks that company has to satisfy the customer’s needs, and that this is the root of his/her dissatisfaction.

I/she dislikes the company, their products and all that they are. Pretty simple. It’s not that difficult.

donsimon
    Free Member

Fair enough. Can you apologise to the guy who was laughing at you too please?

No! 👿 Unless you are the same person with different log-ins which is different, in that case no! 😈

donsimon
    Free Member

I/she dislikes the company, their products and all that they are. Pretty simple. It’s not that difficult.

As said it’s a compelling argument which I can’t argue against.

chiefgrooveguru

That is disgraceful. But all you have to do is lose your ticket and buy something in sainsbuys to get the charge down to £5 as they seem to have made a mistake there.

Exactly, conveniently lost mine under a floor mat… Is that the Sainsbury’s near Brighton Station?

CountZero

It’s been a long, hot summer. The heat’s making people twitchy and aggressive.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 200 total)

The topic ‘Seriously do people dislike Tesco this much ?’ is closed to new replies.