Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Seriously?
  • Merak

Mrs M and myself have taken the plunge and purchased a house together. Nothing grand you understand a 3 bed semi circa 1968. It needs alot of work (the only reason we can afford it) anyway, internal renovations aside the timber garage is pretty run down, I say that, its barely standing.

We asked a company to come and quote for a concrete section garage/corrugated roof to be built on the existing concrete foundation…..

£7800!

Block built £14000!

I laughed out loud when I opened the qoute!

leffeboy

You could get a whole kitchen for that 🙂

ElShalimo

Oi this is STW! Get a grip!
    £14k is just about enough for a decent coffee machine and bean grinder

northernmatt

You could buy an Audi, an Orange Five, and a roof rack for £14k.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Check out Nucrete garages, £2k delivered and erected (plus a base).

Merak

If I’m after a concrete section garage I had hoped to be looking at £4000 max is that unrealistic?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Merak

Cheers Rockhopper that’s the feedback I’d hoped for. Will ring them up for sure.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Hateful things btw concrete sectionals.

Build 4 layer dwarf wall and put in a decent wooden garage in its place. Much nicer.

Merak

Not opposed to timber garage tbh. Thought concrete was cheaper!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Will likely be if your buying the, ready built.

Every day youll look at the concrete sectional and bang your head off the beams and hate it .

Ive got one as a second garage , i use it as a cupboard.

It will be replaced with wood garage 3 times the size as soon as i have time

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I have a concrete sectional, horrible horrible thing, the condensation is terrible. I’d read the best thing you can do with one is build a wooden one inside it.

MartynS

I had an asbestos paneled garage demolished and removed, and a concrete section one put up in its place (granted the new one is smaller) but it was £4000 all done

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Seriously?’ is closed to new replies.