Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • Sergeant Blackman?
  • fooman

Can I ask why the video / audio of the incident ended up in court? Was it flagged from routine review, or brought to light by a college with concerns, or something else?

Pigface
    Free Member

I think it was found by accident some time after the event. People were looking for something else and came across it. The people who were looking have a three letter acronym which I can’t remember.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

There in lies one of the biggest problems, soldiers don’t start wars, politicians do

Modern war is increasingly becoming a form of contract killing for corporate interests.

That’s not to say the soldiers are heartless mercenaries, purely concerned with making a buck (that’s what private military contractors are for); quite the opposite; from what I’ve seen, the majority of people in the forces are conscientious people, with a will to do good; however, the problem is, all too often they’re misled.

Of course, as scud mentions, there’s all sorts of different people in the forces, but the fact remains, regardless of who’s dishing out the bullets and taking enemy fire, far above it all, the same small circle of people plan and promote wars for their profit, with strategies and aims very different to those publicized in the media and throughout the ranks.

Thing is though, in this instance, the criminals who hire the hit men and patsies who’ll give their all for Queen and country never get punished.

NorthShaun
    Free Member

Blair’s lies & actions killed a hell of a lot more people, why not drag him through the courts? Its just degrees of separation innit?

jamj1974

If it’s boots on the ground experience in war zones that matters – this man has it in spades and a perspective that would outweigh many… Well worth 20 or so minutes of your time.

Ben Ferencz

jamj1974

Blair’s lies & actions killed a hell of a lot more people, why not drag him through the courts?

I’ve supported this since his first action supporting the invasion of Iraq. The blood of many service personnel and millions of civilians is on his hands. It wasn’t a war on terror – it was an attempt at a new colonial adventure.

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘Sergeant Blackman?’ is closed to new replies.