Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • September BIKE JUMBLE!! 6/9/14
  • Agency_Scum
    Free Member

Midday Saturday SEPTEMBER 6TH at Mud Dock, Bristol. As usual it’s the first Saturday of every month at midday, parking is cheap with a huge Pay+Display right next door. Setting up a stall is FREE, borrowing a table is FREE.
    It’s important you don’t set up too early. Recently there’s been difficulties with people setting up and selling as early as 11am. This takes all the buyers away from those setting up on time.

PLEASE DON’T PARK IN MUD DOCK CAR PARK

10.30am: Coffee+Cake Morning in Mud Dock cafe

12.00 midday: BIKE JUMBLE!

Now for some ” Look at What You Could’ve Won ” shots…

*By the way, if you want to use the Flickr Pro Account our username is cheesy_riders and the password is daedelus

beamends
    Free Member

sounds like a great idea, any idea on how big the site ‘is’ how many spaces there are? can you prebook a space or just turn up on the morning and hope for the best?

seriously tempted to do this as i have MOUNTAINs of gear that needs going and ebay is too much hassle only problem is im coming from stoke so not just exactly down the road.

also as a semi related bump i do think this sort of thing is a great idea, any interest for something similar in the midlands i do have access to a massive fiend next door to me and could possibly orangise something similar if anyone would turn up?!?

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

Turn up in the morning, see me first ( I’ll be upstairs for the Coffee+Cake Morning ) and I’ll keep you a table ( always nice if people bring their own ). We had a bout last year of people setting up at 11, nabbing all the potential customers early and blowing the soul out of the jumble by midday; hence the angry undertone of ” You’ll be told to leave ” if you set up too early. It’s a cracking jumble with, if timed right, a Gremlins’ style feeding frenzy feeling. There’s little-to-no blatant profiteering and everything has a ” mate’s rates ” vibe to it. I ( dis ) organise it on a non-profit basis; there’s no fees and tables are free. The location is on the good will of Jerry Aaron, Mud Dock’s owner so it’s embarrassing when ( month after month ) people still set up in his shop’s carpark, blocking Mud Dock customers so that be a BIG no no.
    There’s roughly a dozen+ stalls. Some months there’s loads of sellers and few buyers, some vice versa. Some months it’s pishing down and a jam-packed jumble other’s can be brilliant weather and tumble weed…you never know. Come as a blank page and you’ll find your bargain.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dobiejessmo
    Free Member

There are few in the Midlands but they are more roadie where muddock is both.Also they want £8+ for a table.Muddock is fee you only pay for the car park £1 an hour.As said above you can have few buyers yet sell loads you just never know.Last one i did back in March sold quite a few items which i have taken there for the last couple of years so you never know.I travel from Cheltenham so a round trip of 84miles but do it only if the weathers dry.Nice friendy atmosphere.

wordnumb
    Free Member

i do have access to a massive fiend next door to me

😆

The best jumbles seem to be when the weather puts people off riding but isn’t so biblical that loitering in a car park becomes a chore. Bring mtb stuff I want to buy.

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

IT’S TOMORROW!!

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

IT’S TODAY!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘September BIKE JUMBLE!! 6/9/14’ is closed to new replies.