Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sensus Connect (Volvo) users – how well does it hook up with your phone?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This would be Sensus Connect as used in V/S 40/60, XC60 etc. Not the very latest one as comes with new XC/S/V 90.

How well does it hook up with your smartphone (iOS specifically I suppose)? Can you play Spotify through it or just browse music stored locally? Any other pluses or minuses?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

#volvoforsale

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That took longer than I thought it would. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

Sorry. Was busy elsewhere.

NZCol

New XC60 here, works well, no native Spotify App but i play Spotify via BT to the Sensus COnnect. The apps on it are OK as well, if I could work he SatNag out I’d let you know, but I haven;t managed to work this out as yet.
    That’s from iOS.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thanks NZCol!

I think all I hoping for would be that I could stream Spotify on phone to car stereo via BT.

To be honest, that and a DAB radio will be centuries ahead of the POS Audi MMI system we’ve had for the last few years. Sometimes I wish they’d say “Look, do you want our amazing SatNav system on the car or would you be ok with google maps?” In which case…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Works fine, to be honest I can’t remember setting it up in the first place..maybe the dealer did it for me..

NZCol

Once you pair phone which is simple it pairs BT music. Control from steering wheel etc. It’s quite a nice setup actually, also do podcasts etc. The new touchscreen one in the xc90 is quite smart as well, they gave us one of them when they delivered the wrong car 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

“Hang on, let me just go out and read the back of it…
    No, it definitely says “sixty”…” 😀

NZCol

Ha yeah a bit like that, right model just minus all the bits we specced and somehow they failed to notice. Then registered it to the wrong person and assured us that it was registered to the right one resulting in an uninsured vehicle ! Not their finest moment. Sorted now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sensus Connect (Volvo) users – how well does it hook up with your phone?’ is closed to new replies.