Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sense of time passing while asleep?
  • When you sleep do you have any feeling of time passing at all?

I’m sure I used to but am struggling at the moment, feel tired all the time and fall asleep only to wake up seemingly seconds later

This morning was the worst ever, actually fell asleep talking to my wife and started the conversation at the same point immediately on waking

Fed up 🙁

stuey
    Free Member

Sleeping time sense is always a bit weird:- dreams lasts for 15 seconds seem like an hour.

You may be suffering from stress – have you tried anything to help?

djglover
    Free Member

The only sense you’ll get is that you feel less tired or its light. I think the big thing at the moment is its dark when you get up, so your body say go back to bed you shit.

I prescribe a dose of MTFU 😉

I prescribe a dose of MTFU

Could you put a smily on that so I dont feel quite so down on my self

nicko74

Weird that – normally when I’m asleep I am aware of the passage of time. OTOH, when I went for general anaesthetic a couple of years back (got bitten in a fight, it went gangrenous, had to be cut out), I had no awareness of being out, and continued the conversation I had been having when I went out.

But then I’m a fairly light sleeper, which may be part of the issue. For me, the passage of time is what makes sleeping fun – if you can’t be aware that you’re spending 8 hours in a nice warm comfy bed, what’s the point?!

jamiep
    Free Member

anaesthetic isnt ‘being asleep’ though

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sense of time passing while asleep?’ is closed to new replies.