• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by si77.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sennybridge training area alternative route advice for WC2C ride
  • si77

Planning to do a Welsh C2C ride this year, aiming to follow the Caernarfon to Cardiff Bay (offroad) route. I’m a bit concerned about the section between Tirabad and Trallong that goes across the Military training area. Looking on the MOD webpage, it seems I’ll be extremely lucky if my ride coincides with a non-firing day. Therefore need to find an alternative route. Anyone out there faced the same problem? Which detour did you take?

Nipper99
    Free Member

Is there a route map for this – there are some bridleways off the range that cross abutting commons.

si77

It’s the bridleway running NW to SE past Gorse-Fach Farm that I’d like to use. Looking on Google streetview there are MOD no-entry signs where both ends meet public roads/tracks. I’m assuming there’s a chance that I won’t be able to take this route depending on the nature of the exercises on the day.

si77

Bump for those too busy riding to notice this first time round.

Is the track past Gorse-Fach Farm usually accessible? Or do I need to be asking someone for permission to be there?

reformedfatty
    Free Member

Got a grid for it? Can’t see the farm and there’s a few nw to se bridleways.

Most of the likely candidates cross the impact area.

si77

Joins the road at N52 02.403′ W3 37.203′

Meets a north-south track @ N52 01.227′ W3 34.337′

Leaves the danger zone at N52 00.766′ W3 34.274′

reformedfatty
    Free Member

Yeah that’s straight across the artillery impact area 🙂 give range control a ring on 01874 635599 and they should be able to advise you of any planned firing and alternatives.

si77

Will do. Thanks for the advice!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sennybridge training area alternative route advice for WC2C ride’ is closed to new replies.