Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sennheiser CX300s starting to get ropey/quality degrades
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Bought these about a year ago from Amazon. Were excellent quality, and have used them weekly for about 5 hours a week. I dont particularly look after them, rolling them up and stuffing them in a pocket (on their own) in my bag ready for the next weekly long trip.

They have recently started to fizzle a bit on loudish mid range tones, a light crackling.

Is earphone degradation normal? Or are these "cheap" phones that arent to be expected to last?

They were great when new and for a good while, and TBH I would replace with the same.

Any experiences?

Nainosliw
    Free Member
    clancol
    Free Member

unfortunatly thats normal, prob a stretched inner cable causing the distortion.

As a retailer i've sold loads of these, and yes, i would just get another set. not worth spending any more.

Stoner
    Free Member

Cheers clancol. Good to have confirmation

Jamie
    Free Member

Funny you should mention this really. Just asked my sis what she wants for her birthday and she said some new CX300s as after a year they have started to fall apart and lose volume.

sweepy
    Free Member

mine too, I think theyre famous for it

tragically1969
    Free Member

Awesome for the money though, make sure you buy on the high street or other reputable dealer, there is a lot of fakes out there, including some from Amazon sellers

plop_pants
    Free Member

If they lose volume then its usually a build up of ear wax and condensation behind the mesh bit. I usually run them under a hot tap for a bit then dry them off on kitchen towel to draw out the muck. Works a treat.

sweepy
    Free Member

Well it sounds like bollocks but I reckon thats worth a shot- back soon 🙂

sweepy
    Free Member

well bugger me it worked! Cheers for the tip PP

plop_pants
    Free Member

'tis my pleasure! 😀

jahwomble
    Free Member

What Plop_pants said, I usually use a little bit of lighter fluid as a solvent to clean the driver and that seems to work.

sweepy
    Free Member

could i use spray IPA? ive got that in anyway.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Had mine since 2006 and tjey are still like new despite a hard life

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sennheiser CX300s starting to get ropey/quality degrades’ is closed to new replies.