Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Senna.
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

I know I’m very late with this one, but have just watched the film for the first time due to it being the anniversary of his death.
    What a fantastically put together and thought provoking film that was.
    A credit to a great driver.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I don’t remember where I was when Kennedy was shot but I remember where I was when I heard Senna had died.

Great film, great loss.

EDIT – Outside the paper shop in Bearstead Green nr Maidstone

chewkw
    Free Member

I think I watched him crash live on telly.

Murry Walker was saying that his head was not moving or something like that.

😯

hora
    Free Member

I was in a phonebox at the bottom of Greenhead park Huddersfield. I remember it clearly.

choppersquad
    Free Member

This was also the first ‘documentary’ type film I’ve ever watched, and to be honest I was very skeptical about whether it would keep me interested for the duration. How wrong I was. Trying to think which of todays sportsmen/women, could have a film this captivating written about them and on a controversial note, could only come up with Lance Armstrong. At least it would have plenty of highs (legal and illegal) and lows.

johndoh
    Free Member

Funnily enough I just watched it tonight too.

I was riding that day – got out of the car and set my bike up hearing he was injured but okay. Rode Mastiles Lane and when I got back I heard he’d died.

coogan
    Free Member

It’s on ITV4 right now in fact.

back2basics
    Free Member

Having watched most if not all documentries about senna and being an avid fan of formula one since i can remember, I was not really impressed too much by the film, one aspect that it did not seem to portray is his dedication and commitment to his driving, his sheer work ethic in fitness, team work with the team, and his desire for knowledge about everything to do with his race car. it spread everything too thinly imho.

On the day, I was watching bbc2 and saw it all, then switched to eurosport as the bbc cutaway, they showed the aerial footage the same as the fil, except I remember a zoom in even closer for a brief second on his head judder that is imprinted on my mind.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Senna.’ is closed to new replies.