Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sending to DVLA: Send recorded or proof of postage ok?
  • robbo1234biking

What do people think – got something to send to the DVLA as long as I get proof of postage is that ok or does it need to be recorded mail?!

Xan
    Free Member

Can you not take it into a local office. One in most big cities. I find its much quicker. Might need to queue for half and hour to an hour but beats waiting 3 weeks for whatever they need to do.

robbo1234biking

closest one to me is Northampton but will be an hour drive and I just got rid of my car so not going to be practical I am afraid!

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Recorded isn’t too expensive if you want the peace of mind.

phiiiiil

I take mine to the Post Office. Not that it matters; it is far more likely to be lost by the DVLA than Royal Mail. I’ve just had a spelling mistake on their part corrected on my V5- two weeks after sending it they said they had received it but hadn’t done it yet; four weeks after that they denied they had ever received it and made the changes over the phone.

*bangs head on desk*

robbo1234biking

Thats what im sending off! Ill do it recrded so at least if they lose it I can prove that I sent it in the first place

nickjb
    Free Member

When we moved I just shoved mine in the regular post. Came back all done about a week later. The mrs’s only took two days.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sending to DVLA: Send recorded or proof of postage ok?’ is closed to new replies.