Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Sending rear shock by courier
  • shermer75
    Free Member

What’s the latest on this? Who are people using? It’s part of a frame so has to be a courier

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ll be sending it in the box that my massage table came in, so is it best to just blatantly lie about what’s in it and say that it’s a massage table (obvs)?

psycorp
    Free Member

Tell no-one…………………….. oops.

shermer75
    Free Member

Tell no-one…………………….. oops.

Haha!!

nigew
    Free Member

I sent a rear coil shock by Royal Mail last week, the postman collects parcels from work so I didn’t have to endure the Spanish Inquisition at the PO.
    It arrived the next day

P-Jay
    Free Member

The Post Office lady says to me every time “does it contain any prohibited objects” and taps on a sign which shows pictures of really dangerous stuff like bombs, guns, knives, batteries and pressurised canisters.

I say “no” and that’s the end of the Spanish Inquisition – they’ve yet to break out the thumb screws.

stumpy01

I used Interlink Express recently when sending my shock to J-Tech for servicing.

They sorted it all out, I just had to wrap it up. Worked fine.

psycorp
    Free Member

Seriously, just make sure it’s well protected, packaged and boxed, then use any courier you like and it’ll be fine. I used Hermes when I sent my shock to TF for Push tuning recently.

kristoff
    Free Member

Tftuned use interlink so I guess they’re a safe bet.

shermer75
    Free Member

I used Parcelforce in the end and kept the contents a closely guarded secret. I’m assuming that they don’t have the time to check the contents of all their deliveries so I guess it’ll be ok. I think I’ll be using Interlink next time though, they are pricier but look really good!

stumpy01

psycorp – Member

Seriously, just make sure it’s well protected, packaged and boxed, then use any courier you like and it’ll be fine.

You didn’t see the thread about the bloke whose brand new rear shock got confiscated by Royal Mail/ParcelForce and ‘disposed of’ for being ‘hazardous goods’ (pressurised air canister), then?

Matt24k
    Free Member

RM/Parcel Force may inspect and destroy your shock but there is only a small chance of that happening. I recently sent a shock to Loco using collect+ and had no problems.

psycorp
    Free Member

stumpy01 – Member

You didn’t see the thread about the bloke whose brand new rear shock got confiscated by Royal Mail/ParcelForce and ‘disposed of’ for being ‘hazardous goods’ (pressurised air canister), then?

Nope.

spacehopper

Just sent my shock to Loco with MyHermes via parcel2go.com

posted on friday.. arrived with Loco to work his magic on monday.. 8)

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

use UPS every time to send to TFT – touch wood no issues so far

votchy
    Free Member

Is it not just as easy to remove the air can then send it bubble wrapped etc? Does this not then stop it being pressurised.

stumpy01

votchy – Member

Is it not just as easy to remove the air can then send it bubble wrapped etc? Does this not then stop it being pressurised.

Maybe, but I am not convinced. I think in the bloke’s case I mentioned above, he had deflated the chamber, but not separated it and they decided it was ‘hazardous’.

You would probably be unlucky if your package got ‘caught’ but for me it wasn’t worth the risk over spending a few extra quid and getting the company who were doing the service to arrange the courier.

granny_ring

I’ve also used Myhermes twice to send stuff to LoCo with no problem, just be aware of their max compensation, if you have an expensive shock maybe best to look elsewhere.

spacehopper

no..

removing the air can doesn’t De-pressurise a shock fully..

there is still the nitrogen behind the IFP at lots (3-400) of PSI..

its the same with a coil shock in theory.. they’re also pressurised behind the IFP..

I think basically.. in the unlikely event that it gets inspected by RM..

and isnt in original sealed retail packaging.. your average overworked underpaid royal mail employee wont know what the heck it is.. and will spend nano seconds looking at it before deciding not to risk their job with it and will classify it as dangerous..

granny_ring

I’ve received secondhand shocks that I’ve bought on Ebay via RM ok but why would you chose to send them by RM when there is a chance that it could get confiscated….as seen on a previous thread ages ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Sending rear shock by courier’ is closed to new replies.