Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sending money by paypal
  • strike
    Free Member

I’m buying some forks off a seller in Germany, and need to send them the money.

What’s the best way to do it, via Paypal, incurring no/minimum costs?

Thanks-in-advance.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Use “gift”.

Bear in mind you have no protection tho…

strike
    Free Member

And if this is linked to a credit card, does it incur an extra cost (also bearing in mind it’ll be in Euro’s so classed as a foreign transaction)?

cp

if you’re sending a ‘gift’ and using your credit card to fund it, yes, you get charged.

gift is only free if it’s coming out of your paypal balance, or possibly I believe if funded from a UK bank account – i.e. your bank account is tied to Paypal. I’m not sure about sending to a non-GBP Paypal account though.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

I don’t think paypal gift via bank is free, got charged last time I used it.

reedspeed
    Free Member

I don’t think paypal gift via bank is free, got charged last time I used it.

Its not,got charged twice over the weekend from buying stuff off here !!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Bank transfer is big in Germany. Will give you as much cover (i.e. none) as Paypal Gift. Not sure on charges though, might be a touch cheaper.

spooky_b329

Why are you trying to avoid paying anything? If you don’t know the seller, just use Paypal.

The seller picks up the fee’s anyway, unless you choose to pay them yourself.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sending money by paypal’ is closed to new replies.