Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sending forks – Are Parcel Force / Parcel Force still in the bad books?
  • rhid

Hello,

I need to send a pair of forks in the post and was wondering if Royal Mail are still binning suspension components? I’m in Llanberis so there is not a wealth of options open to me!

Has anyone successfully managed to send forks/shock via parcel force recently? If so did you use any special labelling or anything to try and minimize the risk of disposal?

njee20
    Free Member

MyHermes, cheaper, easier, don’t throw things away. Don’t know why anyone would use RM/ParcelForce these days.

simplydownhill
    Free Member

Spar in ‘beris do collect+

njee20
    Free Member

Limit on length with Collect Plus is too short for forks I’d think – can’t be more than 60cm.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sent a shock off for service this year. Royal mail are still beyond pants. I think they’re actually trying to go out of business.

tomd
    Free Member

I booked a set with MyHermes via interparcel, should be getting picked up tomorrow. Couldn’t see anything in T&Cs to prohibit.

Collect+ has a 60cm limit which rules that out.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Sent some forks to a fellow stw’er last week, from Mold, parcel force 24hr. No issues from me or the buyer.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Royal Mail are the problem, not Parcelforce. Parcelforce are fine; just deflate the air first.

MadPierre

Parcel Force are fine for forks.

Northwind

Hah, I didn’t know that, I just carefully avoided them.

I ended up using UPS via a reseller, they’ve got a network of local dropoff points much like collect+ now, not the cheapest but very convenient.

julianwilson
    Free Member

We used myhermes via parcels2go recently. It is cheap but the insurance is not, ie low headline price and then ‘proper’ insurance is almost 8% of the value of what we sent!

When after 6 hours of staying in, mrs wilson objected to staying in the rest of the day to wait for collection the nice lady on the phone directed her to a nearby shop who (apparently on instructions from the phone lady) accepted a frame box size. (They wouldn’t have normally but apparently complaining a bit helped). Courier turned up at about 6 in the end 😯

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sending forks – Are Parcel Force / Parcel Force still in the bad books?’ is closed to new replies.