Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sending a frame to Europe (spefically France) – courier recommendations?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

Anyone got any wisdom to impart for good service including reasonable cost of insurance for moderate value frame?

Cheers in advance…

theflatboy
    Free Member

Anyone? Even recommendations of dependable firms in the UK would be useful, so I can investigate European services.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I used parcel2go with parcelforce worldwide as the carrier, but for muxh less than it would have been if I had just taken it to the post office. Presumably they give you their business rate plus a couple of quid middleman profit. You need to print the labels yourself iirc, and if it is a frame then getting the dimensions of the box down is key as the “volumetric weight” will be far more than 2kg frame and packaging. So a few years ago i sent (to France) a medium fs frame and a few bits in a cut down frame box. Volume-versus-weight meant I could be very generous/careful with the packing and padding and it was less than £30 for 48hrs fully tracked and insured up to £500.

theflatboy
    Free Member

That’s really useful, thanks – parcel2go seem to come in marginally cheaper than p4d. Being able to go extras on the packing / padding is definitely useful I’d say!

hora
    Free Member

If you send it via RM, make sure you seperate the shock and gift-wrap along with an empty gift ‘to you’ swing tag on

mrlugz
    Free Member

I used http://www.bikeflights.com/ to send my Krampus to Norway. I had no issues with them.

Cost about £50 IIRC, but that was full bike and fully insured. Price is dependant on volume so a frame by itself would no doubt be a lot less.

theflatboy
    Free Member

hora – Member

If you send it via RM, make sure you seperate the shock and gift-wrap along with an empty gift ‘to you’ swing tag on

This has crossed my mind… losing the shock / entire frame en route would not be good!

theflatboy
    Free Member

Cheers MrL.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sending a frame to Europe (spefically France) – courier recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.